Middlesbrough v Owls Matchday Thread

1 hour ago, oneeyedmilkman said:

Any idea where the away pub is tomorrow?

In The Wednesday Week podcast “Hello From the Other Side” the Boro fan suggests a few pubs for away fans.

Good podcast too.

50 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Never fancy us to win at 'Boro. 

The games are ticking by and I am not sure where the wins will come from.

2v1 

Them (11)

Them (56)

Smith (78)

Iorfa Red Card (86)

That's the spirit

• Haha 2

Apparently they have an injury crisis..let’s hope it goes in our favour. 

Millwall-esque game and result required..please football gods..let it happen. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rogers said:

Apparently they have an injury crisis..let’s hope it goes in our favour. 

Millwall-esque game and result required..please football gods..let it happen. 

Injury Crisis. Don’t they all have an injury crisis.  Is that just a red herring to put us off

Ignore their potential weaknesses and concentrate one hundred percent on our strengths and how we want to play

• Like 1

Another top drawer read, thanks HWO,  setting us up for another ‘must win’ game. This time, eh?  We get the result we need and bring home all three points?  Vaulks to score the winner!   ⚽💙

• Thanks 1

Realistically, the group in the drop zone is getting smaller. IMO it’s two from Us, Blackburn, Plymouth, Brum and Udders to join Toytown. Might not be “must win” but we’re at a stage where  a “good set of results” against “ a bad set” could be definitive. A draw, at least, Wednesday.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Never fancy us to win at 'Boro. 

The games are ticking by and I am not sure where the wins will come from.

2v1 

Them (11)

Them (56)

Smith (78)

Iorfa Red Card (86)

I thought you were being serious, then I saw "Smith 78". 😂😂 Good one. 

26 minutes ago, doubleo said:

Realistically, the group in the drop zone is getting smaller. IMO it’s two from Us, Blackburn, Plymouth, Brum and Udders to join Toytown. Might not be “must win” but we’re at a stage where  a “good set of results” against “ a bad set” could be definitive. A draw, at least, Wednesday.

That’s a good way of looking at it.

Yes, we need more good sets of results than bad ones.

Coming into the Easter weekend I thought we needed 4 points from these 2 games, ideally beating Swansea and then getting a draw today.

Our failure to beat Swansea on Friday really adds the pressure for us to get a win today, with games running out fast I don’t think anything less than a win will do.

Before this weekend I was fairly confident we would get 6 points from Swansea and Boro, but after that performance against Swansea, and the huge lack of any attacking talent on the bench, I'm now fairly fearful for the rest of the season and this today could be another embarrassing result. Boro have nothing to play for and will just treat it as a training match 

8 minutes ago, the_vinyl_frontier said:

Before this weekend I was fairly confident we would get 6 points from Swansea and Boro, but after that performance against Swansea, and the huge lack of any attacking talent on the bench, I'm now fairly fearful for the rest of the season and this today could be another embarrassing result. Boro have nothing to play for and will just treat it as a training match 

Good username.

You could run a thread each match when we’ve 7 matches, 6 matches, 5 matches left etc…..

The Vinyl Countdown 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2