If you thought the Wednesday shirts were expensive....

I get it’s expensive but so is modern day living 

what I would say is the kit is nice I understand the St George Flag crisis 

it’s a World Cup year going into the tournament in which we have a very serious chance of success 

it’s the cost of filling you car up a couple of times it’s not end of world and it’s not a weekly fee.

A nylon top made in Thailand for £130 !!

With Nikes buying power plus the volumes that they order I can guarantee that they will be buying that in at £5.00 delivered.

The factory would have quoted them £12.00 and they would have said “ it’s a fiver or we’ll go to the factory down the road “

That product right there sums up what’s wrong with our national sport.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, scilly owl said:

A nylon top made in Thailand for £130 !!

With Nikes buying power plus the volumes that they order I can guarantee that they will be buying that in at £5.00 delivered.

The factory would have quoted them £12.00 and they would have said “ it’s a fiver or we’ll go to the factory down the road “

That product right there sums up what’s wrong with our national sport.

But have you factored in the losses incurred when they get stuck with shed loads of them, after Southgate messes up again. 😃

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

You’re only speaking from your own personal financial perspective though

In some sense yeah 

but I think you buy your club kit annually 

how often do you buy a national kit

I Think we will see a lot of kits breaching the £100 mark in the next few years as standard 

Nike as always been expensive. 
the world has gone crazy in value 

but come April with the minimum wage what is it 10 hours work cover the cost for an over 22 year old? 

its 1/4 of a working week on 40 hours minimum wage that’s the world we live in now 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Devonstrix said:

But have you factored in the losses incurred when they get stuck with shed loads of them, after Southgate messes up again. 😃

You couldn’t get your hands on one in the last tournament 

22 hours ago, ANDY said:

There are other ways of getting an England shirt. 

quick search on DH Gate 

can get adult home and away 20 quid incl delivery 

for them that want one that is. 

I was going to post the same, save your self a fortune, it's also been on there since January 😆

19 minutes ago, Joe Jockstrap said:

Why would anyone buy one, the team are dogger and that’s being kind.

And yet we've had the best results in tourney's since 1966 under Southgate if that's dogger I'd hate to think what you made of Keegan, Revie and the rest

On 23/03/2024 at 11:25, room0035 said:

I hope the fans boo the numpty's, but the FA understand sport, football fans on the whole are very gullible, they buy a new shirt every season with very little change from the last one, they buy club merchandise for 300% more than the like for like goods would cost without the club badge.

Nike change the flag and no one is talking about the eye watering price, they are focusing on the flag. It will probably now be the excuse why Southgate again fails at a major tournament.

Very simple no one buy the shirt Nike and FA will get the message but i suspect they will still be bought.

I think that experts call it "Exploiting the (in)elasticity of the demand curve"... In other words, if the price goes up, the loyalty of the customer outweighs any reluctance not to buy.

The £125 England shirt is (sadly) selling and "almost gone".

To me, it sums up everything that is and has gone wrong in football.

It's a £10/unit garment made in a Chinese sweat shop sold at an abhorrent mark up.

Couldn't be ars3d to watch the Brazil v England game, will even be struggling to get remotely excited about the Euros this Summer.  

£125

Screenshot_20240324_141647_Chrome Beta.jpg

37 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

And yet we've had the best results in tourney's since 1966 under Southgate if that's dogger I'd hate to think what you made of Keegan, Revie and the rest

I agree, however we have gone from utter dogger to simply dogger.

Play a decent team and we lose,  don’t even start me on Maguire. He must have some serious shizzle on Southgate to get picked. He has the turning circle of the Bismarck and I’m talking now, not when it was floating.