Even Sheffield FC will have better facilites

I think both Sheffield FC and Sheffield Eagles have had a few false starts in finding a permanent base within Sheffield.

Eagles even had to play home games in Wakefield for a season.

Think was also a plan. for Yorkshire County Cricket club to play one game here a season but I will believe that when I see it.

Hope this comes off.

Knowing how these sort of projects rarely run to plan to have it open in September 2025 seems a bit ambitious but you never know.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, JohnnyQuinnsQuiff said:

The Football Museum will probably become a shrine to Wednesday.

By the time it opens it will celebrating The Blades centenary. 100 YEARS without a major trophy 🤣

• Haha 1

This is still yet to be approved, the plans have been in place for years.

Personally, I can't see it happening as the traffic up there is horrendous. I travel that way to see Sheffield FC and the approach roads to the main roundabout are always packed. "A few thousand more cars every weekend?" "Er, no thanks!

• Like 1

Just now, Bulldog said:

This is still yet to be approved, the plans have been in place for years.

Personally, I can't see it happening as the traffic up there is horrendous. I travel that way to see Sheffield FC and the approach roads to the main roundabout are always packed. "A few thousand more cars every weekend?" "Er, no thanks!

They could extend the tram train up there

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

They could but I doubt they'd go through the hard work of digging up a few miles of dual carriageway from Gleadless

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

They could but I doubt they'd go through the hard work of digging up a few miles of dual carriageway from Gleadless

They could borrow all the players that we have that don't play to do it

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

40 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

this was my thoughts for it too, extend the tram tracks from Leighton road, up the dual carriageways, could keep it going to greenhill etc.