Your favourite badge, and why? New owner, new badge?

1 hour ago, S72 Owl said:

Either the owl on its own or the current one. 

Same for me.

I love our current badge and its links to our club's heritage.

I was always fascinated by it when I saw it on my dad's old programmes from the 60s.

I don't mind the minimalist owl, either. Putting it on a crest makes it look crap, though.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, maidstoneowl said:

Will always be in love with the 1970-1995 era designs - quite possibly the boldest, most memorable football club badge ever?

Nice and easy to draw in the back pages of those school exercise books during double-science/French classes!

7 years in with the latest one now, wonder when/what the next version might look like?

Which got me thinking, as an amateur/student from memory? (i.e. not a graphic design/branding company) designed the 1970 one, can any of you cool kidz with your fancy graphics software come up with a decent new (and maybe next) club badge/crest?

And you older/comedy lot, well it goes without saying, get drawing and drop your well considered and beautifully designed offerings in as well?!  🦉

Screenshot_20240321_080328_X.jpg.2143f3706ab24cdae51111c6131bcb3d.jpg

First one (58-70) is wrong , the owl was a lot smaller, looked absolutelyshite. At least the current one is ok, nowhere near as good as the iconic owl on its own.  And Could be made better by not having the daft branch or the scroll underneath.

in my option they messed with the iconic owl too much, adding swfc underneath then adding the stupid shield.

the mid 90s ones on the puma kit were truly horrendous 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Snelldog said:

The 70-84 badge is the correct answer - it is a brilliant piece of design.

Others are welcome to hold an alternative opinion but unfortunately, they are woefully incorrect. 

Yep. It's important to establish that sometimes there is only a wrong answer and not an opinion, and this is one of them. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Owlstastic said:

image.png.89b80ebe3b423aa3dd766cf6833f1849.png

Simply the best footy club badge ever. 

This.....one of the most iconic football badges everyone who follows the game recognises it.Please...when Despot is gone revert back to this.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

the world famous one. The one that also works better as logo. Nearly all well known logos these days are simple and unbusy. facebook F, Shell, McDonalds arches, most car badges, clothing brands etc.

• Like 2

70-84 Badge. No contest. Wish we could go back to this iconic badge and regain our identity. If I was to take over tomorrow, it's on one the first things I'd do off the pitch.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

they should bring this one back 

sheffield-wednesday-1935-logo.png

That’s Thor the thunder god on the left, known for his marauding raids up and down the centre of the pitch

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, lt109 said:

1970 to 84 would be my 1st choice [ most folk would know it's ours] but the 1999 to 2016 would run it close [ it shows who we are and I like the " Est 1867" bit.

The shield ruins it though.

Clutters up the minimalist design.

• Like 4

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

2 hours ago, Mr Meadows said:

First one (58-70) is wrong , the owl was a lot smaller, looked absolutelyshite. At least the current one is ok, nowhere near as good as the iconic owl on its own.  And Could be made better by not having the daft branch or the scroll underneath.

in my option they messed with the iconic owl too much, adding swfc underneath then adding the stupid shield.

the mid 90s ones on the puma kit were truly horrendous 

Thought something wasn't right about that era/badge.