Your favourite badge, and why? New owner, new badge?

6 hours ago, Sheff Cam said:

1995-2016 need erasing from the history books.

Yeah, each design during that period was crap.

I'd stick with our current classic crest, but if it's going to be the 70s-style stencil owl, then it has to be on its own, not cluttered up with other bits.

• Like 3

On 22/03/2024 at 06:42, Hodgyowl said:

This, just hope it gets back on a shirt before I peg out, it's brings back so many great memories for me.

Sheffield-Wednesday-FC-1970-1984.png

It has to be this for me as well.

So many people, even now after our decline, recognise this instantly as Sheffield Wednesday. It’s iconic and it’s ours. We’re so lucky to have a symbol like this that says more on its own than any amount of shield or scripture around it ever could.

We should own it! Bring it back. Many a club would love to be recognised by a stand alone logo without any faff about it. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, mattowl1867 said:

It has to be this for me as well.

So many people, even now after our decline, recognise this instantly as Sheffield Wednesday. It’s iconic and it’s ours. We’re so lucky to have a symbol like this that says more on its own than any amount of shield or scripture around it ever could.

We should own it! Bring it back. Many a club would love to be recognised by a stand alone logo without any faff about it. 

Simplicity and a thing of great beauty.  Not that FC UK wit Chansiri would understand.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, onslow said:

Interestingly Middlesbrough have just announced a new badge for their 150th, however they are running a consultation with the fans over what they want, not just changing it for what their owner wants

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/2024/march/27/Club-Plans-For-New-Crest/

To be fair to Chansiri, he didn't just dream up a new design; he returned to our original club crest.

I could be wrong as I was only young at the time, but I don't remember a huge uproar when the chairman of the time changed our badge in the mid-nineties?

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

To be fair to Chansiri, he didn't just dream up a new design; he returned to our original club crest.

I could be wrong as I was only young at the time, but I don't remember a huge uproar when the chairman of the time changed our badge in the mid-nineties?

It was changed at the same time as the new kit was launched. Yet we kept the plc roundal on the south stand, so it was felt as only a temporary switch

How times have changed, it's now part of the impending charter that badges will be protected

• Thanks 1

Just saying … the new (traditional) badge is a thing of beauty. Just sit back and look deeply and it’s so well done with the art nouveau call back to our most successful period ever.

But I’d swap in an instant to see the 70-84 back on our chests. 
no shields, no roundels, no moto, just a ruddy big stencil owl. Gorgeous.

• Like 2