Röhl / Chansiri

1 hour ago, Woodyowl450 said:

There's absolutely zero evidence this actually happened tho is there! 

The rumour did come from a very reliable source 

• Like 4

I think people are reading too much into Röhl’s comments today.

That said, I agree there’s every chance he’ll go in the summer come what may. Every senior administrator we’ve had with a proven football background (Pearson. Roeder, Miere, Palmer) left within months as did the only two proven experienced top-level managers we’ve employed (Bruce & Pulis). The evidence is staring us all in the face that nobody with any real substance can work with DC for long. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Django said:

It’ll be carnage if DC sacks Röhl 

It should be carnage. 

But I doubt it will be. Such is the long standing apathy and resistance to change.

• Like 4

Don’t know if the rumours have any credence but the reason they are circulating is because of chansiri , most fans expect him to do something that will make Danny leave or the idiot will sack him . As for Danny’s comments regarding Ipswich I see them as more of a compliment to them than a shot across the chairman’s bows , they obviously have a plan and faith in the manager . They not only bought to secure promotion last January but brought in players for the championship fully confident they would go up . Despite todays result I’m still confident we will survive we seem to bounce back from terrible results pretty well and although we have some tricky games we have a chance in all the remaining games . Danny is still the best thing to happen to this club in years but I’m still expecting DC to throw this opportunity of growth under an outstanding young coach away , don’t we all ? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fpowl said:

Can’t help but thinking we’re going to have another Darren Moore situation at the end of this season 

I get the impression Röhl is going to be quite clear in his vision and view of the future at season end 

and we all know that chansiri doesn’t have being challenged or questioned on things 

Röhl didn’t directly voice his disappointment with Januarys business but he didn’t come across he was overly impressed 

He didn’t sound overly enthusiastic when commenting on how because of the structure he had to confirm hotel accommodation 

and hasn’t he recently made comment on facilities 

I can’t see chansiri being overly impressed that his manager is publicly showing concerns we need to improve in multiple ways 

maybe I’m just reading into this too negatively but it feels like we’re going to be seeing tyrant chansiri again in the next few months 

Chansiri must know how popular Röhl is with the fans

He must realise that if Röhl goes, the pressure and fury aimed at him, will be like nothing he’s seen before.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eastern said:

He didn’t sound overly enthusiastic when commenting on how because of the structure he had to confirm hotel accommodation

So basically we don't have an active operations/logistics manager to manage this component? 

DR doesn't need this or want this on his already full plate, his job is to keep us up and get the best out his squad. 

DC just pack up, sell up and jog on.

8 hours ago, MysticOwl said:

I think people are reading too much into this and linking it to their dislike for DC. 

We were neck and neck with Ipswich 1 year ago. Hardly worlds apart off the pitch. 

Ipswich continued their momentum up the league like many teams before them in recent years. 

We on the other hand, had our manager up and leave over a pay disagreement. 

DR is just commenting on the progression of Ipswich, and offering them praise in the face of defeat. 

Genuinely can't tell if this post is a wind up.

Ipswich are knocking on the door to the PL and we're due to be relegated because of a "pay disagreement".

You don't think there are any other factors that may account for the difference in both clubs progression?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lukeyswfc said:

Chansiri is a woeful businessman. Blinded by his own ego.

Röhl will leave in the summer. Our fans will still back Chansiri and fight those of us who want change

If DC sacked Röhl I think DC would be lynched!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MysticOwl said:

I think people are reading too much into this and linking it to their dislike for DC. 

We were neck and neck with Ipswich 1 year ago. Hardly worlds apart off the pitch. 

Ipswich continued their momentum up the league like many teams before them in recent years. 

We on the other hand, had our manager up and leave over a pay disagreement. 

DR is just commenting on the progression of Ipswich, and offering them praise in the face of defeat. 

I give up after reading posts like these.

I'm out ! 

• Like 2

DR has worked in clubs with a proper infrastructure in place.

DC would be wise to use the contacts DR and his team have by bringing in a managerial infrastructure that could overhaul the club. It might take 10 years as we are so far behind many clubs but we are a mere empty shell as a club currently.

BTW I know DC won’t do this as he’s a micromanager and is a busted flush financially.

• Like 1

When/If Röhl leaves this summer, this is when things will be unravel very quickly Imo 

Dread to think where we’ll be in 12 months time, hopefully near to the end of Chansiri’s ownership 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

DR has worked in clubs with a proper infrastructure in place.

DC would be wise to use the contacts DR and his team have by bringing in a managerial infrastructure that could overhaul the club. It might take 10 years as we are so far behind many clubs but we are a mere empty shell as a club currently.

BTW I know DC won’t do this as he’s a micromanager and is a busted flush financially.

Wherever DC got his initial money from. It’s been clear since 2018 that he’s blown it all and there’s nothing left. All we have now is a club  that in part survives by spending next seasons money keeping the lights on this season

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Marro said:

If DC sacked Röhl I think DC would be lynched!

Whereby the actual reality would be a meltdown on here, a few minor rumblings. A new manager would be appointed and we would move on. 
Whether it would be for the better is the question.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Chansiri is so dumb that it wouldn't surprise me if buying Sheffield Wednesday was his way of showing to his family he could be a good businessman.

A business where the odds of making anything back on your investment are minimal

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Django said:

When/If Röhl leaves this summer, this is when things will be unravel very quickly Imo 

Dread to think where we’ll be in 12 months time, hopefully near to the end of Chansiri’s ownership 

This is my thinking, If Röhl leaves in the summer there will be uproar and I genuinely think things will at the club will seriously go South, if you think things are bad now just wait until Röhl leaves, even our most apathetic supports won't be happy.

Chansiri needs to do the honorable thing and get the club up for sale.