Might it be the mature thing to back off Chansiri until the run in is over?

1 hour ago, MF TAZ said:

Sorry to be the voice of reason but we’ve got a couple of months and then we’re either up or down… 

I agree.
Although the owner seems to have put in something like £140m, and kept the club in business, it has been very sadly seriously misspent. The owner seems to want to micro/manage in his 90 days per year in the UK and not accept serious advice from people who can help him to run things.
But there seems to be absolutely no clear strategy of what the protesters want Mr Chansiri to do. The crude answer is that he will  f**k o*f. So will the protests attract a good new buyer? If they really ******** off the current owner with no buyer in sight, what will he do? He could well abandon the club to administration and bankruptcy, cut his own personal losses - is that a good way forward?

• Haha 8

16 minutes ago, Aingarth said:

I agree.
Although the owner seems to have put in something like £140m, and kept the club in business, it has been very sadly seriously misspent. The owner seems to want to micro/manage in his 90 days per year in the UK and not accept serious advice from people who can help him to run things.
But there seems to be absolutely no clear strategy of what the protesters want Mr Chansiri to do. The crude answer is that he will  f**k o*f. So will the protests attract a good new buyer? If they really ******** off the current owner with no buyer in sight, what will he do? He could well abandon the club to administration and bankruptcy, cut his own personal losses - is that a good way forward?

Oh my god

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Drewswfc said:

Oh my god

So does anyone have an answer to the question. What is the strategy of the protests, what positive outcome are you planning to achieve. It is a very genuine and important question for the future of our club???

• Haha 3

While it's true that protest probably doesn't effect much on the field, it's also true that it probably doesn't effect anything off the field either. 

But if it makes a few hopping mad types feel like they're doing something rather than just rolling over and accepting a dry bumfer king, then fairy nuff. It probably saves the odd dog from being kicked and reduces the effects of Stella in a household or two.

😕

Regardless of what division we will be playing in next season, Chansiri needs to sell the club.

We could win every game between now and the end of the season and it wouldn't change a thing.

People keep making the mistake of thinking this is all about results. It isn't.

Maybe if you literally only follow the results, don't talk to fans, never listen to the radio, visit forums, go on twitter or whatever else then maybe you could be forgiven for thinking it is, but I don't there is anyone who doesn't at least have some kind of access to the idea that not everyone is keen on Mr Chansiri and his running of the club.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Aingarth said:

I agree.

My ******** god , wake up and smell the bacon 

• Like 2

The protest must go on. You can’t stop and start for if you win a few or we sign a player, relegation fight, whatever. The root cause of all or issues doesn’t come and go, it’s a constant……so the protests must be.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Aingarth said:

So does anyone have an answer to the question. What is the strategy of the protests, what positive outcome are you planning to achieve. It is a very genuine and important question for the future of our club???

We want the owner to put the club up for sale.

It really is that simple.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Aingarth said:

I agree.

fda1a9517229911df74a24dac030ce13.jpg.0262102305e022514a5f2b12c1b2cc35.jpg

8 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

Röhl comes from Germany, a country that is so tuned into football politics that has ownership rules in place to prevent Dejphon Chansiri happening to clubs over there.

A country that is consistently at the front of supporter movements against dodgy owners and the cost of football. A country where entire clubs are set up and ran to reflect left and right wing political ideologies.

Don't worry. Röhl understands all of this. I actually think it's doing him a disservice to suggest he doesn't get it but I'm sure you didn't mean it to come across that way..

the german 51% fan ownership 100% should happen here . but this country is too bent for that to happen . fans and people in general in the uk are treated like floor mats while mr billionaire and his or her m8s get looked after and made trillionaires . whats happened to football has happened to life in general in the uk taken over by overseas owners who dont give  2 hoots about our people.  

• Like 2

On what people want: I either want the owner to put the club up for sale, or mend his ways, which would involve (a) serious appointments to run the club and (b) a strategy to stabilise us as a good championship club capable, eventually, of challenging for the play offs.

The probability of "mend his ways" must be about the size of Planck's constant, but nonetheless that would be fine.

Guest Monkowl
9 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Amen

That's what Churchill and our grandfathers fought for 

The protests must and WILL continue

I agree with this comment 100%.  However our grand fathers and Churchill must be turning in their graves looking down at the state of this country as it is now.  Like a 3rd world ghetto. But I suppose it could be worse it could be Sweden  but I’m sure we will be in same position in next 3 years or so. But freedom of speech and the right to protest is what thy fought for.  Unfortunately it seems it’s only allowed one way nowadays in case it offends the snowflake brigade   

In response to the OP if he is implying that Chansiri is somehow feeling pressure from  the protests, although I don’t think he will be as I don’t think he gives a damn, there are a number of things Chansiri could do immediately to achieve this:

1: Announce he is willing to sell the Club and ground at a price dictated by the current market ( ref WBA) as soon as a suitable buyer can be found

2: Announce the intention to sit down with Danny to develop a modern management structure which must include either/or/ both CEO/Sporting Director

3: Confirm that whichever league we are in next season he will honour Danny’s current contract and keep him here.

I share the majority view that performances on the field are in no way adversely affected by the protests, as demonstrated by results.  The protests are  about getting Chansiri out asap independently of what is happening at any one time on the field.