Might it be the mature thing to back off Chansiri until the run in is over?

Sorry to be the purveyor of doom --    but it seems obvious that Chansiri is not in a position to fund this club moving forward and we will just inevitably nosedive into L1 either this year or next....      

Chansiri - The Tribe Has Spoken.... 

• Like 2

To protest or not to protest ... 

The answer shouldn't be dependent on results on the pitch 

The protests aren't against the team or coaching team. Protesting regardless of result, would show that 

Only protesting after losses looks petulant and perpetuates a myth of ill will towards the team 

• Like 5

No.

We do not live in Pyongyang.

Whatever your view, at least accept the right to protest and express free speech.

If any of our players are that lily-livered and affected on the pitch by a growing majority of our fans who are voicing an opinion on the club ownership then they need to give their head a wobble and remind themselves that they are a "professional" footballer. 

Edited by F. Spiksley
Typos
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, F. Spiksley said:

No.

We do not live in Pyongyang.

Whatever your view, at least accept the right to protest and express free speech. 

Amen

That's what Churchill and our grandfathers fought for 

The protests must and WILL continue

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

54 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Protest makes zero difference to on the pitch results

But will it possibly make a difference to how DR feels about the club if someone else does come knocking? It can’t be the ideal working situation knowing the fanbase is at odds with the owner.

That is the one fear I have in the back of my mind.

Or am I overthinking things again?

1 minute ago, Spookone said:

But will it possibly make a difference to how DR feels about the club if someone else does come knocking? 

No

The protests have been ongoing for a while
In that time we've done amazingly well on the pitch, and Röhl is super professional, winning games, bonding players and fans, and climbing the league table to safety hopefully

The protest has zero impact on the playing side of things as we've seen

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop

Time to start saying it like it is.

A failure (or refusal) on an individuals part to separate the form of the team from the ownership is down to that individuals own stupidity.

It's YOUR problem. It's not for 1867 or anyone else to educate you or wait for you to catch up. The pace of protest shouldn't be dictated by trying to placate this lowest common denominator opinion.

• Like 5
  • Love 3

1 minute ago, sheffield_dave said:

Time to start saying it like it is.

A failure (or refusal) on an individuals part to separate the form of the team from the ownership is down to that individuals own stupidity.

It's YOUR problem. It's not for 1867 or anyone else to educate you or wait for you to catch up. The pace of protest shouldn't be dictated by trying to placate this lowest common denominator opinion.

Nailed it

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, Spookone said:

But will it possibly make a difference to how DR feels about the club if someone else does come knocking? It can’t be the ideal working situation knowing the fanbase is at odds with the owner.

That is the one fear I have in the back of my mind.

Or am I overthinking things again?

Röhl comes from Germany, a country that is so tuned into football politics that has ownership rules in place to prevent Dejphon Chansiri happening to clubs over there.

A country that is consistently at the front of supporter movements against dodgy owners and the cost of football. A country where entire clubs are set up and ran to reflect left and right wing political ideologies.

Don't worry. Röhl understands all of this. I actually think it's doing him a disservice to suggest he doesn't get it but I'm sure you didn't mean it to come across that way..

Edited by sheffield_dave
  • Like 7