Will Danny stay if we get relegated and chnasiri doesn’t sack him?

Who knows.

I think you can argue it any way at the moment.

I actually do think he's more likely to be here if we go down than if we don't. Can just see him being tempted away by someone higher up the food chain if we stay up based on the brilliant job he has done (which will be times ten if we do stay up).

Hopefully it won't come to that. We're good enough to stay up. If we don't manage tm find the points to stay in this league after all that it'll be down to bad luck. Well, that and Xisco.

If it does - he'd get better offers than managing us in League One, and he'd be daft not to take one of them. Professionals in the game aren't as sentimental as us fans, as much as we'd like them to be.

That said, if he stayed under those circumstances and got us back to the Championship anyway my respect for him would be ENORMOUS.

I think the frustration he felt during the January window bodes ill for us.

Let's face it, even if we do stay up he won't be backed sufficiently.

And if we're relegated, and he were to stay, he'd only be in the same situation again once we're back up.

I can't see him staying, unfortunately.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

With Chansiri here, I don’t think Röhl stays regardless of the division we find ourselves in next season.

Agreed.

He'll have the chance to go to a club with a competent owner who backs him, no doubt.

• Like 1

McKenna joined Ipswich in Dec 21 - they didn’t get promoted until April 23 - spent a year and a half in League One under him - and now they’re touching automatics to go up.

He must have known DR this isn’t overnight success - culture people etc - I think we’ve got another 2-3 years until someone comes knocking, he’s an asset - I think he knows he could bounce us straight back up from League One given our budget and style in that league, we’re a big big club down there and he could come back up and leave then if he needed

• Like 1

People will be interested in him now 

it all comes down to the offer given to him against the backing giving to him 

if he feels he’s backed he’ll stay but there’s no doubt he’ll leave if he’s going to have another relegation scrapped year when he can leave to a team competing much higher up

I honestly think we’ll stay up so this comes down to chansiri. Where he’ll only get the summer at best to secure his longer term with us because if he blags it and doesn’t back him. Then I know doubt would imagine a more suitable offer will be on the table for Röhl come Christmas 

Think Röhl is more likely to be poached by another club if we stop up.

Will probably think with Chansiri this is as good as it going to get and go while his stock is higher.

Also if we go down it doesn't look good on his CV so better clubs may be put off by this.

Since Danny came in, we've picked up 35 points from 26 games, an average of 1.346 points a game. That equates to 61.9 points over the course of the season.

Factor in that include zero pre-season, includes 1 win (4 points) in his first 7 games as he tried to turn around an absolute sh*tshow, threats of the players and HMRC not being paid, and 3 months without being able to bring in any players.

This guy is going to the very top, absolutely no doubt about that. Imagine what he could do here with a pre-season and his own recruitment this summer - regardless of the division we are in! There is simply no way Chansiri sacked Danny - not if he wants ANY chance of getting some decent money back into the club; unless it's purely to spite fans/try and take any heat off him.

Whether Danny leaves us of his own accord, well I think that'll be purely dependent on his options in the summer. He's still very much a novice as a manager and his first job in management is at a big club with great potential; and he has a great relationship with the fans. I don't see him leaving for a Watford-type club and I don't see many top end Championship clubs thinking he's worth a punt yet - especially as he's under contract and would cost money.

So, in short - no, I don't see Danny anywhere else next season. But, we have a Chairman who makes very poor decisions, so it wouldn't be a shock!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BIG D said:

I listened to his press conference yesterday which was very interesting. I enjoyed him saying that he was already looking at players for next season. 

Did he say what club he was looking at new players for? 🤔

If I was Danny I would give it one more season.

The Football World I believe understands the restrictions Danny is working under. He stays a season longer he shows his loyalty. He is loved by the majority if not all the fans and he gets another season of vital experience. 

Now wether our illustrious leader share the same vision is anyones guess. 

• Thanks 1

I believe he will, he would more than likely get a promotion under his belt in his 1st full season as a manager.

But… we won’t go down anyway (and he will still be here next season).

Edited by Spookone