GDH : Gregory, Delgado, Hendrick

Forgive me here.... but this isn't exciting news is it! It highlights the lack of quality in our squad. This is not Danny's fault!

We deffo needed to bring in at least 2 more BETTER players in JANUARY. Another striker. And a ball winning midfielder after lost Byers, 

Buckley,  Bakinson. 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Umeeksk said:

Interesting. I thought Delgado was a write off for the season.

If anyone can get a performance out of him, Danny can. There's a quality player in there somewhere - you don't get picked to play for Chile by accident.

You don’t get all those international caps and be the player that we saw. I mean look at Valentin, on his debut he looked like a prize winner from the crowd ! And now he’s one of the first names on the team sheet and up there with our best attacking outlets. If he’s getting close will be a good addition to the squad. 

Hendrick I just wouldn’t bother I’d play Rio Shipston who I would rather have in a 2 than Diaby or Palmer.

Gregory I personally think would offer more off the bench than Smith does, but Röhl doesn’t see that so don’t expect him to be added. Chansiri really is a prize prat not getting players out in January. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Umeeksk said:

Interesting. I thought Delgado was a write off for the season.

If anyone can get a performance out of him, Danny can

Yeah possibly… I thought Delgado was decent at retaining the ball a bit so you never know

Look how Pol has improved 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

Yeah possibly… I thought Delgado was decent at retaining the ball a bit so you never know

Definitely - even when he was carrying an injury his stats per 90 with us are pretty good in some key areas Danny cares about - tackles/recoveries, dribbles, crosses, shots.

He turned in quality performances against Ipswich, Leeds and Hull at times when the rest of the squad looked utter rubbish. If he were to be fit I'm convinced he would get used.

His performances in Xisco's last three games weren't so great, but he obviously needed the operation for a reason. Probably should have had it a couple of weeks sooner in fact.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Umeeksk said:

- you don't get picked to play for Chile by accident.

I wouldn't be so sure on that 

Ben Brereton got picked just by adding Diaz to the end of his name

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Kopparberg said:

Don't have a lot of time for players to improve though. They need to be top of their game each match.

3 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I'd rather see Hendrick in midfield than Palmer.

Then again I would rather see Byers there than those two. Mystifying to let him go out on loan.

My guess is either:

1. We expected to sign a replacement.
  2. Unless we could get Hendrick to return, it was too much of a luxury to have both.