GDH : Gregory, Delgado, Hendrick

1 hour ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

There's nothing I like better than a well thought out, well reasoned point.

So why do we have to read the rubbish above?

He was garbage, absolute garbage somehow as you haven't seen him play for so long now he's Messi 

😂

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, WimJunk said:

I think if these players were recalled at this stage, Röhl would be picking players he doesn't really want to pick.

Err...he's the one doing the picking and putting them back in the squad and saying they are all training well...why would he pick someone he doesn't want to ??

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hendrick is an interesting one. Dependable, if unremarkable, midfielder in the Premier League for five seasons. Republic of Ireland international. Then fell out of favour at Newcastle, and became a dependable, if unremarkable, midfielder on loan at QPR and then Reading.

He obviously has bags of experience. I think the biggest problem is he doesn't play Röhl's game. His pressing, passing accuracy and general on-the-ball skills aren't up to it.

His biggest attribute, interestingly enough, is chipping in with goals. Only three or four a season, but that can be worth a few points. He's already won us an unexpected point at Leicester. If we use him at all I think it might be to throw him on in the latter stages when we're chasing games.

5 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Err...he's the one doing the picking and putting them back in the squad and saying they are all training well...why would he pick someone he doesn't want to ??

He's not going to say that he doesn't rate them though. Gregory and Hendrick 100% won't be here next season either, so how much motivation they'd have is debatable. 

I'd be trying not to get injured personally, although playing well if they do play, could be the difference between getting a club next season or not, granted.

36 minutes ago, 1952Owl said:

Tommy Crawshaw 

"Hendrick rather than Palmer" ? 

REALLY!!!!!! 

Come on bud. 

Yep in midfield. It just doesn't work with Palmer in a two in central midfield.

If we are without Bannan or Vaulks I'd rather have Hendrick than Palmer. 160 Premier League apps and 79 caps for Ireland. Played in World Cups and European Championships.

Though as I said, I'd prefer Byers.

• Like 3

Delgado I never fully wrote off.

He played everywhere under the fraud bar his actual position, in a new country, in a losing side.

Then DR came in and he got injured.

When you look at his and Pols career, both at RB, you’d assume he’s better and Pol has come on a load under DR.

Though Hendrick coming back would be a better boost since we are seriously lacking in CM, thanks Chansiri.

• Like 2

Can see Delgado back in , but at least try and play him on the correct side and position.

Gregory again I suspect he will be included even if it’s only to get him in the pitch last game if we’re safe. 

Hendrick can do one , waste of a loan and money but at least he scored unlike Fletcher. 

The style/ energy Delgado has is quite well suited to our system. As for G &H their experience over these last games could be the difference in us seeing out games etc.

They are all on their day good pro's. Just let them get on with their jobs! 

From what I saw of Hendricks his legs seem to have gone but is probably useful as a last 15 min sub. Experience is always handy to be able to call on under pressure so I’d be happy to have him in the squad. 

Gregory should have been allowed to go in Jan but as he’s still here we should at least do him the courtesy of having him in the squad and you never know, there might be a circumstance where he’s a good option to use. 

Delgado if fit could be a good wingback. Judging anyone on how they played under Xisco is daft.

• Like 1

From what I saw of Hendricks his legs seem to have gone but is probably useful as a last 15 min sub. Experience is always handy to be able to call on under pressure so I’d be happy to have him in the squad. 

Gregory should have been allowed to go in Jan but as he’s still here we should at least do him the courtesy of having him in the squad and you never know, there might be a circumstance where he’s a good option to use. 

Delgado if fit could be a good wingback. Judging anyone on how they played under Xisco is daft. 

Edited by CircleSeven
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

He was garbage, absolute garbage somehow as you haven't seen him play for so long now he's Messi 

😂

It's not a praise or grumble about Delgado, it's the reasoning behind your conclusion.

Yes I'll concede he's a little "hot headed" something which most South Americans have in spades but he does have something about him probably we never saw under Cisco playing him so obviously out of position to spite Johnson. He is a reasonably skilful right sided player with a tough side to his game allied to good ball skills.

I'm willing to give him a chance under a "non lunatic" manager.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, nickswfc said:

Delgado looked a steady player to me, he got a bad rep cause of that stupid throw in.

Think Röhl could get the best of out him with our style of play now.

Yeah I thought he was a bit of spark in an otherwise dark period. Would for sure be interested to see what DR does with him when fit.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 1952Owl said:

Tommy Crawshaw 

"Hendrick rather than Palmer" ? 

REALLY!!!!!! 

Come on bud. 

Palmer can do a man marking job in midfield, but if you want someone to get on the ball, he ain't your man I'm afraid. Hendrick was very poor when he was on the pitch earlier in the season, but yes he has to be a better option. 

If Degado is close to fitness, he should be registered. Definitely would add some much needed depth to the squad.

He showed a lot of promise earlier in the season, and out of all of the summer signings, I'd have thought he would've been the one most suited to Röhl's style of play. 

Won't be a starter, but would definitely add a lot of energy (and quality) as a sub or rotation option.

He and Valentin could be competition for each other in that RWB position.

2 hours ago, Luke said:

I know danny boys flavour off the month but not picking Hendrick,sending byers out and putting palmer in midfield is a shocking choice 

I doubt he agreed to let Byers leave believing that we'd not sign a replacement.

We know he was interested in Coventry, for starters.

As per usual for Wednesday managers, however, what they believe will happen and what actually happens may be two different things.

37 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I doubt he agreed to let Byers leave believing that we'd not sign a replacement.

We know he was interested in Coventry, for starters.

As per usual for Wednesday managers, however, what they believe will happen and what actually happens may be two different things.

Coventry signed for Charlton 20 days before Byers left Wednesday.  He left on the last day of the window.  I would imagine Röhl knew by then he wasn’t getting a direct replacement.

• Like 3