What are the odds on Mick the bitter pig phoning up football heaven tonight and banging on about fairness in football…. Completely oblivious to the fact that the scrubbers went up last season playing players they hadn’t paid for.lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, LJM Owl said:

Them and Forest will be due another (probably 6) point deduction in the next couple of weeks.

Neither helps United a bit anyway but could save Luton from the drop.

They might get another points deduction, but it can't be applied this season. The cut-off date is January.

40 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

They might get another points deduction, but it can't be applied this season. The cut-off date is January.

That is when they had to be charged by so that any sanctions do apply this season.  The EPL clubs all signed up to a charter stating that sporting sanctions would apply in that playing season, there is no wiggle room.  It does however mean than any appeal wouldn't be determined until after the last ball has been kicked, so they could finish the season without having a clue which teams are relegated.

1 hour ago, SouthRustyOwl said:

That is when they had to be charged by so that any sanctions do apply this season.  The EPL clubs all signed up to a charter stating that sporting sanctions would apply in that playing season, there is no wiggle room.  It does however mean than any appeal wouldn't be determined until after the last ball has been kicked, so they could finish the season without having a clue which teams are relegated.

But they haven't been formally charged on the 2nd count, have they? That's really what I was referring to.

I think lol

1 hour ago, N0rtherner said:

I don't think Everton helps Pigs much anyhow, but I'm sort of annoyed these over-spending PL clubs get away with all their FFP breaches... and once again it seems Everton will escape a deserved relegation.

Until something happens to Man City and their 115 (!) financial breaches, I am completely fine with teams like Everton and Forest telling the authorities to get right to f*ck, and back them 100% in doing it. 

• Like 1