QPR in Deepsh1t

34 minutes ago, OwlertonServices said:

My mates a QPR fan, season ticket holder etc, he laughed and called bullshit when I asked him.

Is his second team Sheffield United 😳 

Dont all the Championship team have to submit this season projected figure by 31st January, so you would assume and Breaking of P&S will be notified soon.

We should be ok for a season or two depending.

8 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Even if it's true, chances of the points deduction being implemented before the March deadline seems slim. Expect any issue will impact next season.

I have no idea if what the QPR poster is saying is true or not, but if you remember this fine they are paying back in instalments was imposed on them once they came back down from the PL and was done in place of a points deduction for exceeding FFP limits when they got promoted.  So I think from memory the terms of the loan states that in the event of non-payment of an instalment then a points deduction would apply and therefore it could be applied immediately.

Of course it could all be made up nonsense as well!!

• Thanks 1

On 11/02/2024 at 09:24, latemodelchild said:

Won't happen, and if it does it'll be next season or they'll still finish above us somehow. I'm fully expecting a few false dawns before the end of the season, it just has that feel about it. 

Then we'll go down in the last 5 mins on the last day.. you just know it

14 hours ago, San Clemente Owl said:

I have no idea if what the QPR poster is saying is true or not, but if you remember this fine they are paying back in instalments was imposed on them once they came back down from the PL and was done in place of a points deduction for exceeding FFP limits when they got promoted.  So I think from memory the terms of the loan states that in the event of non-payment of an instalment then a points deduction would apply and therefore it could be applied immediately.

Knew about the suspected points deduction/fine, but didn't know that was still active. Here's hoping!! 😄

15 hours ago, San Clemente Owl said:

Please be true! 🙏

The whole thing with QPR was disgraceful really, especially when you look at the points deductions handed out to Wednesday, that were later reduced for being too harsh. OK we had DC as chairman and he was openly taking the p***, but for the majority of the club's history we had toed the line and never financially tried to cheat, like so many clubs have done over the years, many of which are still getting away with it.

A few years after dropping from the prem in 2000, Wednesday were commended in an independent sports finances report, for being the only football club to have an, "unmanageable", amount of debt (around £35M?) and not go into administration. Wednesday continued to pay interest on the huge loans with the Co-Op bank for so long that Lee Strafford eventually managed to get them to cancel the loans and forgo any further payment unless we got promoted again (I think it was within so many years).

During the 22/24 years between Wednesday going down and now, a lot of clubs have taken the easy option to take a points deduction and go into administration, wiping off all their debts and starting again with just a points deduction. Now, bearing in mind all the players that these teams still had on the books, players that they could not afford, and a points deduction that was not enough to automatically relegate a team, this option was seen as an easy way out because you could gamble everything on getting promoted, way above your club's means, go into an, "unmanageable" amount of debt and then just get your hand slapped and carry on without any debts as though nothing had happened!

Leeds United and Crystal Palace have gone into administration several times along with a whole host of clubs that have done it at least once and gone on to survive, while Wednesday have been at the rough end of these, "punishments", on several occasions. I believe that a club that has gone into administration after gambling with their finances and running up unmanageable debts, should be dropped out of the league completely and have to start again, just like any other type of business, or company that fails. They should also start again under a different name, like any other business or company so that the history of the club is broken. Then and only then, will clubs take their finances seriously.

Clubs should not be allowed to sell or loan players to clubs that are close to becoming insolvent, or breaking the ffp rules, without checking first with the ruling bodies, that the purchasing, or loaning club has the ongoing resources to finance the deal and pay the wages, fees etc without breaking any rules.

Otherwise, you get ridiculous situations, like the one Sheffield Wednesday found themselves in where your club has abided by all the rules, serviced debts, not gone into administration etc, yet a club that has had a piddly points deduction, can draw with you on the last game of the season and send you down, despite having a load of players in their team that they cannot even afford to buy, or to pay!

Another reason to get rid of our ridiculous Chairman/owner. He has totally wasted millions and millions of his and his family's money trying to fund a sports club in a world that he completely misunderstands, in a sport that he had absolutely no idea about, before he started his ownership of Sheffield Wednesday and letting down a massive group of fans who have supported him financially as much as they can while he throws good money after bad, making no improvements whatsoever to his running of the club, which he thinks can only be improved by charging the fans more and more money while regularly sacking managers, who have had very little, to no control over his ridiculous poor spending strategies.

QPR have had a £42M fine reduced to £17M, as I remember it, with payments spread over 10 years and an instant points deduction if they miss a payment. Why the EFL did not just slap a large points deduction on them straight away is just ridiculous, especially considering that £42M is over the 3 year target for accumulated debt, which Sheffield Wednesday got an initial 12 points deduction for! We were lucky to escape with the 6 points deduction, but really should have had more than 12 points considering that we had broken the rules, tried to cover it up, delayed handing in several years of accounts etc.

Has anybody seen anything saying that QPR have broken their agreement with the EFL? I have not, but if they do, I believe that an automatic points deduction kicks in, just like the one we would have had if DC had not paid players again, or paid his tax bill etc. 

Even if this is true it is far too late for any points deductions to apply this season. They have to issue charges, give time to respond. hold a hearing, allow time for an appeal, etc.  That's why the Everton and Forest charges had to be issued by mid-January, and the EPL finishes two weeks after the Championship.