We’ve gone 99 years but a trophy ain’t won

26 minutes ago, overlandandsea said:

I’ve heard them disregard the league cup because “small clubs” like Birmingham and Swansea have won it recently. Imagine not being able to win the trophy only small clubs take seriously 😅 

Good job they don't have the 4th division championship on their honours board, because that is really 'tinpot'......oh wait 🤣🤣

34 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Good job they don't have the 4th division championship on their honours board, because that is really 'tinpot'......oh wait 🤣🤣

It's not even the most tinpot thing on their honours board - which includes 13 defeats, a Charity Shield that they didn't even win, and a friendly match from 1898.

to win a trophy next season, any team doing so, will at some point have to beat Man City - which they won't 

City will win the league cup unless they lose the semi to liverpool/man u/aresnal/spurs (spurs might throw everything at the league cup just to get a trophy)

FA Cup - I think city will want to be the second team to do a treble

PL City 

so i can't see a world in which they win a trophy but the thread jinx could happen lol

I think Sheffield united will finish bottom 4, but if they finish 4th from bottom they will be happier than ever 

Idk why but i had this mad idea darren moore was going to fluke us to the PL through the play offs and would be backed fairly well and my hope for this season was that by next summer both teams would be in the PL

sadly - there is no way we are finishing top 6 next season and im so annoyed with SWFC that i fancy a derby game season to perk me up again

so ill just say i hope both teams are in the same league next season 

both football clubs need to be in the PL, the rivalry needs to be in the PL - so them going down doesn't my goals... but also..... ah its tough lol

lets see where we are in October 

3 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

They seemed to think the league cup was worthwhile when they reached the semi final.

Teams who disparage the league cup are those who have never won it.

Either that, or fans of one of the big clubs who haven't won anything that season. See Arsenal fans last season.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MF TAZ said:

to win a trophy next season, any team doing so, will at some point have to beat Man City - which they won't 

Excellent point 

Just like Manchester United last season, who at no point on their run to winning the Carabao Cup had to beat Manchester City on route 

:duntmatter:

10 minutes ago, Django said:

Excellent point 

Just like Manchester United last season, who at no point on their run to winning the Carabao Cup had to beat Manchester City on route 

:duntmatter:

By they I meant the blavdes 

the blavdes won’t 

my post was very clear other teams could like Man U 

11 hours ago, MF TAZ said:

City will win the league cup unless they lose the semi to liverpool/man u/aresnal/spurs (spurs might throw everything at the league cup just to get a trophy)

FA Cup - I think city will want to be the second team to do a treble

PL City 

so i can't see a world in which they win a trophy but the thread jinx could happen lol

I think Sheffield united will finish bottom 4, but if they finish 4th from bottom they will be happier than ever 

Idk why but i had this mad idea darren moore was going to fluke us to the PL through the play offs and would be backed fairly well and my hope for this season was that by next summer both teams would be in the PL

sadly - there is no way we are finishing top 6 next season and im so annoyed with SWFC that i fancy a derby game season to perk me up again

so ill just say i hope both teams are in the same league next season 

both football clubs need to be in the PL, the rivalry needs to be in the PL - so them going down doesn't my goals... but also..... ah its tough lol

lets see where we are in October 

6 minutes ago, MF TAZ said:

By they I meant the blavdes 

the blavdes won’t 

my post was very clear other teams could like Man U 

My post was very clear also 

I refer you back to your opening paragraph 

Anyway no need for anyone to worry about the blades wining a trophy next season, they’ll be too busy trying not to get lumbered wit the wooden spoon 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Django said:

My post was very clear also 

I refer you back to your opening paragraph 

Anyway no need for anyone to worry about the blades wining a trophy next season, they’ll be too busy trying not to get lumbered wit the wooden spoon 

If they win a trophy in this economy with that team they deserve it 

lol