Martin Tyler

SiJ

Some of you may have noticed that poor old Martin Tyler gets an awful lot of stick on social media these days. 

Liverpool fans have convinced themselves over the years that he hates them and is a massive Man U supporter. 

Today, you have Arsenal fans claiming that Martin Tyler wanted them to lose, whilst at the same time Brighton fans are saying he showed no enthusiasm when they scored yesterday. 

I think Tyler is past his best (he's in his mid-70s) and he doesn't have the same energy and enthusiasm he once did, but the idea that he supposedly "hates" all these football clubs is just embarrassing. 

Once again, a prime example of the self entitled, spoiled child like mentality of many Premier League fans imo. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, alanharper said:

I've always thought he's been fine tbh - not quite as good as the big 3 of Motty, Davies and Moore, but he's fine.

Apart from that bloody "and it's liiiiiiive", that is.

It turns out that seeing it written down is equally as annoying as hearing it being said,  every,  single,  game.  Enough Martin!  

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

Some of you may have noticed that poor old Martin Tyler gets an awful lot of stick on social media these days. 

Liverpool fans have convinced themselves over the years that he hates them and is a massive Man U supporter. 

Today, you have Arsenal fans claiming that Martin Tyler wanted them to lose, whilst at the same time Brighton fans are saying he showed no enthusiasm when they scored yesterday. 

I think Tyler is past his best (he's in his mid-70s) and he doesn't have the same energy and enthusiasm he once did, but the idea that he supposedly "hates" all these football clubs is just embarrassing. 

Once again, a prime example of the self entitled, spoiled child like mentality of many Premier League fans imo. 

Man United and Liverpool fans think everyone is against them.

• Like 1

I remember Martin commentating on Sheffield Wednesday v Tranmere Rovers in mid 70s. 

It will have been for Yorkshire televisions Big Match highlights shown on a Sunday afternoon. 

He'd only just started then, great result for us too winning 3-1 on snow covered pitch at Hillsborough. 

I don’t know what fans expect, him to be screaming and jumping up and down like a little girl when Brighton scored? Their fans saying they couldn’t tell they scored from his commentary, when if you were actually listening to him you could quite clearly tell 

People just moan about god damn everything these days it’s seriously worrying 

5 minutes ago, EighteenSixty7 said:

Keown on talkSPORT saying Tyler is against Arsenal, more pathetic clickbait nonsense from that station. 

I don’t mind Tyler, you don’t need a hell for leather commentator that takes every goal as a surprise. 

Seems quite unprofessional of Keown to accuse him of that 

• Like 1