England World Cup Squad

fudge27

39 minutes ago, Night King said:

Chilwell looks like he’s done a hamstring tonight. 

Suddenly looking weak at in the wing back positions with James, Walker and Chilwell all out. Trent and Shaw haven’t been brilliant this season. Trippier the best choice for a position which you would have said is our strongest. 

Imagine he will have to take another left back now. Sessegnon at Spurs, Justin at Leicester, Cresswell at West Ham or Mitchell at Palace.

I’d go with Cresswell personally. Underrated player. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon

On 24/10/2022 at 22:29, IWEDFM said:

Rashford shouldn't be anywhere near the 23 IMO. He's decent in patches but so inconsistent. Abraham and Toney on current form should be included

Different sort of player though. If we want to play on the counter, Rashford is probably the best striker we have for that. Has pace and can play off the shoulder. Toney and Abraham too similar for me. And we already have Kane who is the centre forward type leading the line.

I think I’d go with Kane, Toney, Rashford and Sterling as striker options. Think we only need four, rather we take an extra midfield/creative player instead. 

Harsh on Abraham who is doing well in Italy, but realistically how much game time is he going to get. And Toney is absolutely ice cold from the penalty spot, so is an asset to the squad in that sense. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Different sort of player though. If we want to play on the counter, Rashford is probably the best striker we have for that. Has pace and can play off the shoulder. Toney and Abraham too similar for me. And we already have Kane who is the centre forward type leading the line.

I think I’d go with Kane, Toney, Rashford and Sterling as striker options. Think we only need four, rather we take an extra midfield/creative player instead. 

Harsh on Abraham who is doing well in Italy, but realistically how much game time is he going to get. And Toney is absolutely ice cold from the penalty spot, so is an asset to the squad in that sense. 

Toney should be included but he was called up to the last couple of nations league fixtures which were dead rubbers and Southgate didn't even use him which was utterly pointless given neither match had anything riding on it 

Read something Yesterday, might have been from Carragher but it was spot on.

This WC is a joke, we all know that. But for players all it takes is one little niggle that keeps them out for 2-3 weeks and they miss the whole thing. 

At least during normal times players get a good 4 week break to recover. Regain fitness etc.

Bit of panic at Premier League level now, they are wanting to postpone the last round of premier league fixtures scheduled before the World Cup.

I mean, if you are a player in PL desperate to go to the WC, you are not going to want to be playing a PL match  seven days before the first game, which is what is happening now.  You'll nesh every challenge, we are talking levels way above Adam Reach. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

Bit of panic at Premier League level now, they are wanting to postpone the last round of premier league fixtures scheduled before the World Cup.

I mean, if you are a player in PL desperate to go to the WC, you are not going to want to be playing a PL match  seven days before the first game, which is what is happening now.  You'll nesh every challenge, we are talking levels way above Adam Reach. 

Yeah exactly this.

Some players are cautious before a WC during normal circumstances. Never mind one starting 7 days after the final round of games.

32 minutes ago, Skyline said:

Yeah exactly this.

Some players are cautious before a WC during normal circumstances. Never mind one starting 7 days after the final round of games.

Having said that, if a player didn't want to go to the WC for whatever reasons - and I'm sure there are some that are not keen but don't have the confidence to make themselves unavailable for selection -  picking up a mysterious injury might just be the escape route they are looking for.

10 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

Having said that, if a player didn't want to go to the WC for whatever reasons - and I'm sure there are some that are not keen but don't have the confidence to make themselves unavailable for selection -  picking up a mysterious injury might just be the escape route they are looking for.

Could just do a Stephen Ireland and say your Nan is dead? 🤐

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Skyline said:

Could just do a Stephen Ireland and say your Nan is dead? 🤐

Wasn't that to do with his hair, or lack thereof. 

Other senior Irish players tied him up and shaved him or something because he'd had hair plugs? 

5 hours ago, Bannofan said:

Genuinely think many players will be happy to miss out, get a rest, crack on in a few weeks for the club who pay their bills.

For more and more, international football seems an inconvenience.

• Like 1

On 03/11/2022 at 21:13, The only way is S6 said:

Ben White looks certain to be called up for the squad. Good cover at RB & CB & playing well for the Arse. 👍

He absolutely has to go. Been the best British CB this year hasn’t he? I can’t think of anyone whose played better 

• Like 1