European football 22/23

Tasty looking groups, how the hell are Inter Milan a third seed though? Bayern, Barce and Inter is the group of death for sure.

Celtic have a chance, Leipzig aren't that great and Shaktar are winnable home and away. Rangers are knackered i can't even see them dropping into the europa league in that group. Spurs have fell on their feet getting Frankfurt as the first seed in their group. That's about it really.

9 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

That’s me booked for Florence for the Hearts v Fiorentina game. I can’t wait!

I watched first half other night. They should have buried. Zurich. Didn't see the sending off but sounds a bit controversial 

16 minutes ago, Drewswfc said:

I watched first half other night. They should have buried. Zurich. Didn't see the sending off but sounds a bit controversial 

Yeah we were very unlucky in both legs against Zurich and probably should have qualified. Like you say we should have buried them in that first half in particular but didn’t take our opportunities. Arsenal will smash them in the Europa League groups.

A missed opportunity for us for sure but we at least have the Conference League Group stage to fall back on. 

• Like 1

On 26/08/2022 at 08:38, WorrallOwl17 said:

Tasty looking groups, how the hell are Inter Milan a third seed though? Bayern, Barce and Inter is the group of death for sure.

Celtic have a chance, Leipzig aren't that great and Shaktar are winnable home and away. Rangers are knackered i can't even see them dropping into the europa league in that group. Spurs have fell on their feet getting Frankfurt as the first seed in their group. That's about it really.

Inter always seem to be in the same group as Barca

On 27/08/2022 at 19:05, Ever the pessimist said:

Few of us go to Fiorentina games now and then. I was hoping the tynecastle game would have been during half term so I could go…. Alas not 😩

That’s a shame. I take it you would have gone in the away end?

Do you have some recommended on places to drink/eat etc prior to the game over there?

37 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

That’s a shame. I take it you would have gone in the away end?

Do you have some recommended on places to drink/eat etc prior to the game over there?

When I’ve been we stayed near the train station, but that area can be a bit dodgy at night. Just down from there is an area called Santa Maria Novella which has a few bars and Irish pubs (think one called The Joshua Tree and another The Fiddler’s Elbow.

The obvious places are around The Duomo - pricey as on the tourist drag, but loads of bars and pubs. 

Not sure if there’s much chance of visiting fans drinking near the ground, we’ve been in Moonshine, but obviously as ‘home’ fans.

• Thanks 1