Dean or Hector

Not bothered with either would rather sign a cheap young centre back, that we can develop over a few seasons, that might fetch us good money, or be the main stay of the team for the next 5 years.

Hector and Dean are looking for one last big payday, if all they wanted was to play week in week out they would have already signed for someone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nethertonowl said:

7 league starts since Jan 2020 !, aged 30 next birthday, 15 loan spells. Almost everything about the club has changed since his last spell, no idea about him playing league one. Would need to re locate from London, Had a chance to come here before and turned it down. Its a no from me. 

wow only 7 games in over 2 and a half years and some want us to sign him . another player for me who has done almost nothing yet has a nice chunk of money in his bank. another izzy brown . regards dean if he is on 30k a week at most we cud stump up 12 grand a week ,there is no way thats going to happen he will see his deal out there is my guess unless a championship club offers 20 grand a week over 3 years 

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Not bothered with either would rather sign a cheap young centre back, that we can develop over a few seasons, that might fetch us good money, or be the main stay of the team for the next 5 years.

Hector and Dean are looking for one last big payday, if all they wanted was to play week in week out they would have already signed for someone.

agree regards those 2, but aint we got enough ones for the future now? we need a quality centre back who can organise that rabble of a defence . going to proper kick off if the same shambles at wigan and portsmouth happens again on saturday.

8 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I agree, to be honest I’m very happy with what we have signed !

I’m loving how so many people are being dismissive about wages when they haven’t actually got a clue on what those wages would be 

plus we’ve a track record of signing players with offers from the league above 

we’re talking about 2 players that have been frozen out if their clubs one all last season one last few seasons and is effectively clubless 

I would be more interested in if we could get those players 

we don’t know and can’t control wages

nobody as questioned players like vaulks, smith or icky 

all dropping down a division to sign for us all with offers on the table from league above 

yes dean is on 31k a week. But he’s not getting that in his next move 

yes hector was on a fortune he won’t get half of that next.

both would improve us 

Dean for me is much the better character and leader we need.

Might be a bit harsh but I just see hector as a talented mercenary. All about his bank account rather than the project or team 

in contrast I see Dean as a born winner who wants to play and win.

2 hours ago, El Toro said:

Based on their age and wages I’m not that fussed on either. Surely there’s a L1 or L2 player who we could get and pay a fee for that can command a back 3. If not I’d rather take a PL loanee.

We already got him....henegan...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Owl said:

Heneghan  is a fantastic signing, the price means nothing !! The scouting does   
#uto 

Was all over the shop on Saturday. Let’s wait and see. I’m not against the signing but not sure he’s good enough to be playing week in week out for us. Time will tell I guess.

Hector is pretty rubbish, he did nothing before he came to us, and I know he got player of the season but he wasn’t all that good when he was here. We had a bit of a flat season so there weren’t any stand out performances.

After he left he was garbage at Fulham, embarrassed himself in a lot of games which is why they basically stopped playing him.

Don’t get me wrong he’s a decent championship centre half but he’s not a top player and he has a lot of mistakes in him. 

5 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

It’s like asking if I’d rather marry Scarlett Johansson or Margot Robbie. Either would be brilliant but about as likely as winning the Euromillions every week for a year, so not even worth thinking about. 🤷‍♂️

Be nice to try both of them for the weekend though😛

Heneghan is kinda slow, so whoever is either side of him needs to be fairly quick. Personally Dont think Hector would drop to league one and im sure he would get a champ team gig as back up if he lowered his wage expectations. Dean probably would come, but he takes Heneghans place. 

Id like to see Iheikwe, Heneghan and Famewo given run out together. Left footer on the left side and all that. Also dont think Iorfa has been anywhere near the player he was since his injury. I keep getting Moses Odabajo flashback/vibes everytime the balls near him at the moment. :ghoulguy: