Sarina Wiegman

2 hours ago, savi said:

Firstly, Well done England Liionesses.

Secondly. This is not a DM replacemeent Fred, just a recognition of the Lionesses success tonight.

But..... 

Would you be happy to accept a clearly competent Female  Football Manager in charge here  at S6 if it  was to ever happen.

She clearly knows her football, I for 1 would happily embrace this.

Could it happen, Should it ever  happen, Could it work?

Female manager..yes definitely 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

Don't think it would work. 

Absolutely it wouldn’t!!

how would a female coach be able to walk into a make dressing room at various stages on match day for a start?? And vice versa for that matter!! 

I am over the moon for the England ladies and it’s great to see how far the game as developed but let just enjoy it for what it is…womens football and mens football.

it is and should be recognised in its own right, not on the back mens football!! 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Yes, I absoluteley would. Why the hell not.

The Lionesses have done much better now that they have a clearly qualified manager in place rather than an unqualified one like Phil Neville who was assumed would do well because he had coached in the mens game and therefore must be better.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Why not?

It's 2022, not 1202.

because it simply wouldn’t work!! imagine a female coach knocking on the dressing room door to do a team talk…”is everyone decent”. The authority would be lost almost immediately. 

Wether it’s 2022 or 1902…it wouldn’t work!! I wish people would stop peddling certain PC shiiite and accept life and nature for what it is. 

let the women’s game carry itself, it ain’t done to bad so far!!! 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

because it simply wouldn’t work!! imagine a female coach knocking on the dressing room door to do a team talk…”is everyone decent”. The authority would be lost almost immediately. 

Wether it’s 2022 or 1902…it wouldn’t work!! I wish people would stop peddling certain PC shiiite and accept life and nature for what it is. 

let the women’s game carry itself, it ain’t done to bad so far!!! 

Totally disagree.

I can't see how that would make anyone lose any authority if they were a competent manager and had gained respect already on the training ground. 

It's hardly PC shitte. It's widening the talent pool. 

• Like 3

I can see it happen and it will.

But it will take a very special coach and the right conditions to succeed as the first one.

Maybe a role as an assistant to start, or U23 to get a bit of credibility before taking over from a mentor type manager, like the Pep/Arteta thing.

I don't think Emma Hayes would have succeeded at Wimbledon for example, she came across as quite arrogant with her rejection and if she had managed like that she would have failed.

• Like 2

Just now, Tewkesbury said:

I can see it happen and it will.

But it will take a very special coach and the right conditions to succeed as the first one.

Maybe a role as an assistant to start, or U23 to get a bit of credibility before taking over from a mentor type manager, like the Pep/Arteta thing.

I don't think Emma Hayes would have succeeded at Wimbledon for example, she came across as quite arrogant with her rejection and if she had managed like that she would have failed.

Agreed, I actually thought yesterday that I wouldn’t be surprised to see Wiegman offered a job at an English football league side. As you say, Wimbledon nearly did already and I can see some forward thinking clubs thinking why not? If they are good coaches it could work.  It would also increase publicity for that club too, imagine if someone like Swindon town hired Wiegman I expect their crowds and media attention to increase,  with even more women and girls wanting to go to matches and support the team