Sarina Wiegman

4 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

Wasn’t it the Chelsea women’s manager who said the Wimbledon (mens) job would be a step down. With that attitude, it’ll be a long time before we see a woman manager in the mens game. 

Are there any in non-league football ? Serious question. 

Are there any women assistant coaches in the mens game other than physios? 

I expect some club will give it a go at some point, but in the top 2 or 3 divisions it’s about as likely as Melchester winning the premier league for real. 

There’s a number of them with bad attitudes, like a victim type attitude. Emma Hayes and Alex Scott both come across like that, making out as if they’ve been repressed all the time.

Sarina Wiegman comes across well though. Could definitely see her managing a men’s team, there’s a lot of money to be made by doing so, would imagine League 1 pays more than the WSL

10 hours ago, markg said:

Totally disagree.

I can't see how that would make anyone lose any authority if they were a competent manager and had gained respect already on the training ground. 

It's hardly PC shitte. It's widening the talent pool. 

Only the same as when Phil Neville coached the womens England team. They clearly got over that hurdle. 

10 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Absolutely it wouldn’t!!

how would a female coach be able to walk into a make dressing room at various stages on match day for a start?? And vice versa for that matter!! 

I am over the moon for the England ladies and it’s great to see how far the game as developed but let just enjoy it for what it is…womens football and mens football.

it is and should be recognised in its own right, not on the back mens football!! 

So if there was woman who could almost guarantee us winning the men's world cup you would reject her due to dressing room concerns? 

6 minutes ago, El Toro said:

I remember a year or two ago the Chelsea Ladies boss Emma Hayes got interviewed as part of a shortlist for a job in League One. Think it may have been MK Dons at the time.

Oh apols, I thought it was Wimbledon. It really is not just a smooth transition from one code to another. I mean, who was that lad who got the Leeds job from non league and lasted about six weeks from memory. 

I’d say for any woman, regardless of credentials and including the current England women's coach to aspire to a decent job in the men's game, they will need to start in non league football to make a name for themselves or at the most, L2. It’s not about whether or not they’re ready to see mens gonads in the dressing room ffs, it’s about whether they have the experience, knowledge of the game, man management and leadership skills and ultimately, whether they can gain the respect of the players, on the coaching ground  There have been plenty of men who have struggled in that regard. 

What percentage of managers in the top four divisions have played at the elite level? By which I mean, have at least played in one or more of those four divisions. It must be 95%+. Yes, there have been people like Mourinho, but let’s not forget he learned his trade under the likes of Bobby Robson and Van Gaal. 

You’ve only got to look at the dearth of female coaches in elite mens tennis. As rare as rocking  horse poo. Ditto most other elite mens sports. So coaching just one man is very difficult, imagine having to take responsibility for 30-40 plus. 

Anyway, nothing stopping the likes of Hayes applying for jobs is there. What’s the song, come and have a go if you think you’re hard enough. It will take one tough cookie to break through into the mens game, that’s for sure. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

So if there was woman who could almost guarantee us winning the men's world cup you would reject her due to dressing room concerns? 

With respect, that’s a hypothetical question. There isn’t. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, savi said:

Firstly, Well done England Liionesses.

Secondly. This is not a DM replacemeent Fred, just a recognition of the Lionesses success tonight.

But..... 

Would you be happy to accept a clearly competent Female  Football Manager in charge here  at S6 if it  was to ever happen.

She clearly knows her football, I for 1 would happily embrace this.

Could it happen, Should it ever  happen, Could it work?

would have no problem whatsoever

We’ll never know but if it was possible I’d bet a kings ransom that Sarina Wiegman would’ve achieved better results with us than Joss , Monk, Pleat and a few selected others. Clearly she has a high level understanding of tactics. She is an excellent communicator. Her teams are obviously well coached judging by the positions they take up, the patterns of play and the obvious triggers watching her teams in certain situations. She is a serial winner. 
She may struggle with the mental side of the mens game but I honestly couldn’t see any positives from Monk, Jos & Pleat. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I know it is I want a hypothetical honest answer.  Respect returned 

Well then, hypothetically if there was I wouldn’t have a problem with it. However, there isn’t and there’ll be no way of knowing until such time as a female coach makes her name in the mens game - big time. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

We’ll never know but if it was possible I’d bet a kings ransom that Sarina Wiegman would’ve achieved better results with us than Joss , Monk, Pleat and a few selected others. Clearly she has a high level understanding of tactics. She is an excellent communicator. Her teams are obviously well coached judging by the positions they take up, the patterns of play and the obvious triggers watching her teams in certain situations. She is a serial winner. 
She may struggle with the mental side of the mens game but I honestly couldn’t see any positives from Monk, Jos & Pleat. 

Hope you don’t mind but I’m gonna précis your post - 

We'll never know. 

3 minutes ago, OrlandoUnTrustful said:

Is it April 1st? 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4389760/amp/USA-women-s-team-suffer-5-2-loss-FC-Dallas-U-15-boys.html

The lion is the king of the jungle, not the meerkat.

Any thoughts on whether the Dallas U15 Academy side manager could manage Wednesday. Surely better than Pleat, Jos, Monk and a few others?

1 hour ago, Devonstrix said:

Oh apols, I thought it was Wimbledon. It really is not just a smooth transition from one code to another. I mean, who was that lad who got the Leeds job from non league and lasted about six weeks from memory. 

I’d say for any woman, regardless of credentials and including the current England women's coach to aspire to a decent job in the men's game, they will need to start in non league football to make a name for themselves or at the most, L2. It’s not about whether or not they’re ready to see mens gonads in the dressing room ffs, it’s about whether they have the experience, knowledge of the game, man management and leadership skills and ultimately, whether they can gain the respect of the players, on the coaching ground  There have been plenty of men who have struggled in that regard. 

What percentage of managers in the top four divisions have played at the elite level? By which I mean, have at least played in one or more of those four divisions. It must be 95%+. Yes, there have been people like Mourinho, but let’s not forget he learned his trade under the likes of Bobby Robson and Van Gaal. 

You’ve only got to look at the dearth of female coaches in elite mens tennis. As rare as rocking  horse poo. Ditto most other elite mens sports. So coaching just one man is very difficult, imagine having to take responsibility for 30-40 plus. 

Anyway, nothing stopping the likes of Hayes applying for jobs is there. What’s the song, come and have a go if you think you’re hard enough. It will take one tough cookie to break through into the mens game, that’s for sure. 

Could well have been AFC Wimbledon. It was definitely one of those 2 in L1.

I wouldn’t be against it as it’s a back room team effort at the end of the day.

2 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Physio and manager is a completely different role with a completely different set of responsibilities. 

You weren't referring to roles... you were implying it would be awkward for a female coach to enter a predominantly male dressing room.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, HopefulOwl said:

You weren't referring to roles... you were implying it would be awkward for a female coach to enter a predominantly male dressing room.

If she gets the Wednesday job, I’d be more than happy in the name of equality and diversity to undertake her England women’s role. No problem entering a dressing room full of naked women. 

I’d still come out sucking my thumbs like. 

Have I passed the diversity section of the application process? 

19 minutes ago, HopefulOwl said:

hey wise guy!!! 

the thread is about the female head coach of the female England team…clues in the title pal.