Wednesday fans banned from buying a season ticket?

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Liam Dooley - if you're reading this - This is on YOUR watch so...

Please please just stop these spats with the fans happening

It's hurting our club, creating bad PR, and it's all totally unneccessary

Just sell the guys season tickets and welcome them back so we can all crack on together as one. (as steve bracknall would say)

Time to end the club vs fans thing once and for all

Well said mate. 

Just now, @owlstalk said:

You're (deliberately) missing the point and bigger picture

Absolutely not. Say it was two businesses trading and one took the other to court over an unpaid expense, do you think they’d carry on trading after or cut ties? As a business, swfc can cut ties with who they see fit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Liam Dooley - if you're reading this - This is on YOUR watch so...

Please please just stop these spats with the fans happening

It's hurting our club, creating bad PR, and it's all totally unneccessary

Just sell the guys season tickets and welcome them back so we can all crack on together as one. (as steve bracknall would say)

Time to end the club vs fans thing once and for all

Not only this, but they should give whoever it is their season ticket for free as an apology.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, OohhJohnnyJohnny said:

Absolutely not. Say it was two businesses trading and one took the other to court over an unpaid expense, do you think they’d carry on trading after or cut ties? As a business, swfc can cut ties with who they see fit. 

They can mate

Of course they can

But look at the result of doing this when they could have just sold the bloke his new season ticket

It's unneccessary

So yet - it's technically possible to do it - but SHOULD they is the question

And the answer is very clearly NO CHANCE

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, the golden bullen said:

People kick off when Chansiri call them customers, then they act like customers and kick off. 

Too right id do the same if it was a shop but this is meant to be our club which we are Supporters of. 

A club is supposed to be everyone in it together

Owlstalk Shop

I didn’t get a refund, I took the Ifollow subscription and gave it my mum instead.

That said, not all fans financially were in a position to do that and I can understand why many did want refunds. A legal route is not one I’d pursue had I asked for a refund but when the club is dragging out the refunding of fans and ignoring requests for updates, again I can see why fans have pursued this route.

This for me now by the club is needless and petty, time now for them to just draw a line under the whole refunds issue and let the fans that want to get behind the team and support the club do so.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Not the sort of story we wanted on the eve of a new season.

For me, just a bit more dialogue and openness from the club with regards to refunds and this whole situation could’ve been avoided I think.

The article states the guy emailed the club around 7 times and was ignored. Surely had the club just replied to him (and others like him), explaining that refunding fans was a priority but due to the amounts involved and finances, they were struggling to do so but fans would be refunded as soon as possible, then I reckon most fans would’ve been ok with that.

This situation was avoidable and has become a real PR gaff at a time when some fans were starting to give the chairman a bit if credit for the first time in a while.

Think you've got the nail on the head. My brother-in-law waited for ages for his refund at a time when he was really struggling for money. He emailed and phoned the club several times and got nowhere. As a result he's not renewed and he may never come back now.

He lives in Leeds and has other priorities with family and so he'll probably just pick his games for the rest of his life. At £500 a season roughly that could be close to £10,000 the club has lost over the next 20 years.

That's one fan.

I think Chansiri had his idea of "honour" and this will be why he's done it - he'll feel that the guy who took him to court has no honour because you wouldn't do that to something that you consider to be your family. What Chansiri can't see or won't see is what he does that we feel is just as bad. Personally, when he issued a survey with only 2 choices of pay top prices for decent players or pay average prices for zero signings was his biggest "lack of honour". He knew full well at the time we were overspending and likely to face a ban, plus there was no middle options and he was going it purely to justify his overspending and the fact he was charging top whack at the time. 

Just like this season ticket example, if he'd been more open fans would have understood. Nothing wrong with saying I've made some mistakes, I perhaps got caught up in the belief we would get promoted and I've overpaid on transfer fees and wages, which has inflated prices, but I'm learning and will not make the same mistakes again. I endeavour to reduce prices in the long term etc

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, the golden bullen said:

Agreed.

Why would you take your own club to court? Just pettiness 

It's not our 'Own' Club though. It's Chansiri's.

If a family member owed me money while he was going on holiday and doing up his house I would want my money back family member or not.

Edited by matthefish2002
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

The anti-fellow fan sentiment coming from you this morning is quite worrying

Ps - it doesn't make you a bigger/better fan by siding with the club on this - just so you know 

Nothing anti-fellow fan about laughing at the suggestion they should get a free season ticket. People have cried about the financial state of the club for years now they’re wanting them to dish out free season tickets?