Pre-season OMDT - Alfreton Town - Owls

19 minutes ago, morganowl said:

if anyone went to mansfield in the papa johns this game reminded me of that . im sure alfreton had about 8 corners we had 1? and they probably should have beat us 2-0 . there keeper had almost nothing to do all game, just routine stuff . yes this is just purely a fitness exercise but clearly we need about 3/4 more signings . what i think we will struggle with is a bit of quality bringing the ball out of defence ,the 3 we have aint known for doing that ,id also like us to sign a tricky quality player further forward along with some pace and quality out wide.  i enjoyed the day out but not in a rush to go to any more pre season games. 

You clearly weren’t at the game. Wednesday missed 3 easy chances first half. The Sow one was shocking. Their keeper first half made 2 great saves ( both should have scored though)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, morganowl said:

if anyone went to mansfield in the papa johns this game reminded me of that . im sure alfreton had about 8 corners we had 1? and they probably should have beat us 2-0 . there keeper had almost nothing to do all game, just routine stuff . yes this is just purely a fitness exercise but clearly we need about 3/4 more signings . what i think we will struggle with is a bit of quality bringing the ball out of defence ,the 3 we have aint known for doing that ,id also like us to sign a tricky quality player further forward along with some pace and quality out wide.  i enjoyed the day out but not in a rush to go to any more pre season games. 

Well that’s a great summary of the game …. 

Not sure which game you was at like, but am sure it’s a great summary !

12 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

You clearly weren’t at the game. Wednesday missed 3 easy chances first half. The Sow one was shocking. Their keeper first half made 2 great saves ( both should have scored though)

Was thinking that as I was reading the quote - their keeper made some really good saves first half..

38 minutes ago, morganowl said:

17 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

I was just about to reply, then saw @sexpistol already had. As he said, their 'keeper pulled of at least 2 great saves in the first half. Gregory should have scored but their 'keeper closed down the angle and blocked well. That was the stand out save for me.

How Sow missed his header I do not know, but it matters not one bit. It's about shaking off cobwebs, getting a competitive game in, getting up match fitness and match conditioning. It was a pleasant day, with a packed ground and whilst the football on show wasn't brilliant, it was an afternoon out supporting Wednesday and supporting a lower league team with gate receipts. Noting to complain about at all.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

i was at the other end , yes saw sow missed a chance , im talking about what was on target and there keeper had very very little to do ,a shot straight at him was his only work all game , very little crosses or corners for him to catch or punch away.  i clearly was at the game saw tango and his missus . 2nd half kicking to where i was , a couple of shots 1 over the bar and a very weak effort a 5 year old could have picked up.  everyone near me was grumbling so i  didnt imagine this.  result is completely irrelevant just making sure everyone got a run out without picking up pointless injuries . if judgements were made just on today you would say alfreton will be in top 6 of there league and we will struggle but we have 4 weeks of training pre season games and more signings so defo no alarm bells just yet. 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, morganowl said:

i was at the other end , yes saw sow missed a chance , im talking about what was on target and there keeper had very very little to do ,a shot straight at him was his only work all game , very little crosses or corners for him to catch or punch away.  i clearly was at the game saw tango and his missus . 2nd half kicking to where i was , a couple of shots 1 over the bar and a very weak effort a 5 year old could have picked up.  everyone near me was grumbling so i  didnt imagine this.  result is completely irrelevant just making sure everyone got a run out without picking up pointless injuries . if judgements were made just on today you would say alfreton will be in top 6 of there league and we will struggle but we have 4 weeks of training pre season games and more signings so defo no alarm bells just yet. 

You claimed that Alfreton should have won 2-0 🤯 First half their keeper made 2 great saves. 
You just seem to be a contrarian.

6 minutes ago, morganowl said:

Glad you've gone morgan and we appreciate the support and feedback mate.

I'm a little concerned that you think we'll "struggle" on the back of your forensic preseason viewing but I'll just have to live in hope.

Just now, Costello 77 said:

Glad you've gone morgan and we appreciate the support and feedback mate.

I'm a little concerned that you think we'll "struggle" on the back of your forensic preseason viewing but I'll just have to live in hope.

But his feedback was testicles. No one else has agreed with him.

Don't give a stuff about friendlies, seen us over the years do really well in pre season and we all get excited season stars and we are useless, seen us poor pre season and do well in the league. 

It's about fitness etc, just relax....gonna be tedious on here with all the bed wetters who panic over everything.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

If we can't have nuance and sarcasm after a preseason then it's going to be a long campaign mate.

It's already a long campaign. We just need to see the season out, stay up, and go again in 23/24.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, morganowl said:

Thank f@ck there’s no alarm bells just yet. I was just about to press the Moore out alarm button until you put my mind at rest Morgan.