Pre-season OMDT - Alfreton Town - Owls

1 hour ago, morganowl said:

i was at the other end , yes saw sow missed a chance , im talking about what was on target and there keeper had very very little to do ,a shot straight at him was his only work all game , very little crosses or corners for him to catch or punch away.  i clearly was at the game saw tango and his missus . 2nd half kicking to where i was , a couple of shots 1 over the bar and a very weak effort a 5 year old could have picked up.  everyone near me was grumbling so i  didnt imagine this.  result is completely irrelevant just making sure everyone got a run out without picking up pointless injuries . if judgements were made just on today you would say alfreton will be in top 6 of there league and we will struggle but we have 4 weeks of training pre season games and more signings so defo no alarm bells just yet. 

If judgements were made on today, I would say it's a pre-season game and absolutely nothing - and I mean nothing - is relevant, bar fitness and conditioning. This game will have zero influence on our season or theirs and nor does it act as any kind of barometer for where either team will finish.

Suggesting anything different is very foolish, shows a lack of football knowledge and just comes across as being angry, bitter and self-righteous because we didn't steam-roller Alfreton.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

These games really are meaningless in terms of result, though good fun to attend.

Worth reminding any whingers that our last pre-season game before the season we went to Wembley was a 4-2 defeat at Scunthorpe. That being said, I hope we win some so I don't have to post that reminder at the end of every OMDT.

19 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

These games really are meaningless in terms of result. 

Usually they are, though many clubs often pick last friendly game of the Pre season to evaluated all te work done and that is taken bit more seriously. 

1 hour ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

These games really are meaningless in terms of result, though good fun to attend.

Worth reminding any whingers that our last pre-season game before the season we went to Wembley was a 4-2 defeat at Scunthorpe. That being said, I hope we win some so I don't have to post that reminder at the end of every OMDT.

'Good fun to attend'? My glass eye was asleep after 20 mins..it was turgid fayre from start to finish 😁

• Haha 1

Galvin back is great news. And he handled himself well after quite a few bollockings off Dawson. 

Tasty day outside spoons this evening. Why forest had to turn up amazes me. 

But as mentioned before. Pre season friendlies are just great days out 

#wawaw

9 hours ago, The coach said:

2nd time now you’ve mentioned this..let the first one go after seaham.....private message me and tell me who you are and let’s have a chat

Who are you?

Apart from someone putting on an act on a forum?

Don't take me so seriously.

14 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

Don't give a stuff about friendlies, seen us over the years do really well in pre season and we all get excited season stars and we are useless, seen us poor pre season and do well in the league. 

It's about fitness etc, just relax....gonna be tedious on here with all the bed wetters who panic over everything.

When we built the whole team around 'Premiership Legend' Chris Marsden and then lost the first game 3-0 to Colchester...;)

1 hour ago, Quickly Kevin said:

Who are you?

Apart from someone putting on an act on a forum?

Don't take me so seriously.

I dont take anything seriously..but just thought it wer a bit strange that yuve implied that im a massive cokehead..twice..🤔.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Only come to see the Wednesday 

Seeing as the vast majority of the crowd were Wednesdayites, yes they did!

The Alfreton fans sat near me were OK, but it beats me why some people will go to a game between Alfreton and Sheffield Wednesday and decide to wear an Arsenal shirt, full Man City kit, or randomly an RB Leipzig shirt 

6 hours ago, alanharper said:

Seeing as the vast majority of the crowd were Wednesdayites, yes they did!

The Alfreton fans sat near me were OK, but it beats me why some people will go to a game between Alfreton and Sheffield Wednesday and decide to wear an Arsenal shirt, full Man City kit, or randomly an RB Leipzig shirt 

Use your brain man, they were there to assess Jaden Brown. 

• Haha 1