Pre-season OMDT - Alfreton Town - Owls

Supporters seem to want their team to win friendlies, why? What does it matter, it's just another part of the fitness programme, there's no points at stakes.  It's just a way of breaking the monotonous slog of preseason.

As preseason progresses we will see better performances as the team try to practice their shape and tactics. It's all about being ready for the first proper game

Talk about competetive instinct.....Chill. I bet you try to win when you are playing with your kid in the garden.  lol

22 minutes ago, alanharper said:

They're always poor, but I only went to get a rare new ground in. Other positives:

Only cost a tenner plus petrol.

Game of football after a couple of months abstinence 

I don't live in Alfreton 

A few hours out of the house 

Got home to S6 by 5:35, and the Mrs is now doing my curry

Only gave them a fiver. No argument. In hindsight I think I was in the right

32 minutes ago, Luke said:

Dont know why anyone bothers going to watch pre season matches and especially pay for the privilege 

More money than sense 

Dear me,  talk about finding owt to whinge about 

Maybe because people like watching Wednesday play regardless ?  Seeing a few young players ? New ground ? Day out ?  Are you actually a fan ?

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Dear me,  talk about finding owt to whinge about 

Maybe because people like watching Wednesday play regardless ?  Seeing a few young players ? New ground ? Day out ?  Are you actually a fan ?

The only person whinging is yourself because you dont like OPINION 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ethel The Tree said:

1,946 looks a decent turn-out, how many Wednesday?

Deffo roughly 1,945 👀

all with more money than sense apparently 

9 minutes ago, Ethel The Tree said:

1,946 looks a decent turn-out, how many Wednesday?

There wasn’t any segregation but based on the places I was in the ground, noise levels for chances. I would say at least  1500 or so were Wednesday fans.

Edited by sexpistol

if anyone went to mansfield in the papa johns this game reminded me of that . im sure alfreton had about 8 corners we had 1? and they probably should have beat us 2-0 . there keeper had almost nothing to do all game, just routine stuff . yes this is just purely a fitness exercise but clearly we need about 3/4 more signings . what i think we will struggle with is a bit of quality bringing the ball out of defence ,the 3 we have aint known for doing that ,id also like us to sign a tricky quality player further forward along with some pace and quality out wide.  i enjoyed the day out but not in a rush to go to any more pre season games.