Pre-season OMDT - Alfreton Town - Owls

As I fear that Lord Snooty is on holiday, I want to keep you informed about today's big match.

The mighty owls will face Alfreton Town today!

The Impact Arena  has a capacity is 3,600, of which 1,500 is seated.  PAY ON THE GATE only

image.png.160222e3693f5d4fd93a08aae52632d2.png

(source of the picture is their twitter page: link

According to "The Star" we don't have fond memories of Alfreton

image.png.23a04014b0c633ceb457be14df455e11.png

LINK

Their squad:

image.png.b7c5a012ce32940cbd9403831600abc7.png

Their form table  (we all know ours)

image.png.499df87889cb3b94741064b86d288f76.png

Weather:

image.png.ea3efdeec08236ca5ac59347580681db.png

Will this be our formation and lineup?

image.png.95e822229b5a464d344f3bb21e3dabb1.png

Will the game be on ifollow? - I'm not sure!

Will anyone of you make the journey to Alfreton?  Please let us know in the comments below.

UTO  💙

Edited by GermanBird
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 6

Strong looking line-up there @GermanBird

Our starting XI for the corresponding game last year was ...

Wildsmith;  Brennan,  Hutchinson,   Borner;  Dawodu,  A.Hunt,  Bannan,  Masampu;  Hagan,  Windass,  Shodipo

DM made wholesale changes at ht bringing on Dawson, Palmer, Dunkley, Bola, Galvin, Luongo, Waldock, Adeniran, Green & Paterson

and it finished 1-0 to Wednesday with a cracking finish from Andre Green late on        att:  953  

Just out of interest   :biggrin:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Whoever thinks that losing 14-0 to Alfreton Town in a pre-season friendly even enters into the discussion of 'the greatest humiliation' clearly isn't a Wednesday fan.

:duntmatter:

Yep was our youth team and without looking into the starting line up I expect not many have gone on to play at a very high level.  On the same day our first team drew 0-0 with premier league side Stoke, so bit of perspective there.  

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Yep was our youth team and without looking into the starting line up I expect not many have gone on to play at a very high level.  On the same day our first team drew 0-0 with premier league side Stoke, so bit of perspective there.  

I was also looking for the starting lineup that day and found this in the depths of tinternet.

You're right. Most of them seemingly vanished without trace.

Screenshot_20220702-075009_Chrome.jpg

2 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

I was also looking for the starting lineup that day and found this in the depths of tinternet.

Looking at that line up on Dieseruvwe and White have gone to have a career in the game. Nyoni and Modest made the odd cup appearance for us. Not heard of any of the others.

2 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

It was basically the academy lads that played. Some of them not even first year pros. It was a huge co ck up from the club. Unorganised chaos due to a very late change of plan.

Everyone in the world of football knows what team we put out that day. Bar the pigs, who still want to think it was our first team.

• Like 2

Just now, ChapSmurf said:

It was basically the academy lads that played. Some of them not even first year pros. It was a huge co ck up from the club. Unorganised chaos due to a very late change of plan.

Everyone in the world of football knows what team we put out that day. Bar the pigs, who still want to think it was our first team.

Of course we had the last laugh over the grunts by beating them to promotion at the end of that memorable season.

If that was our first team then I'm not sure how bad theirs must have been.

4 minutes ago, striker said:

Was looking forward to today, but can't find any coverage on ifollow, YouTube or Alfreton's own TV channel.

Pisspoor really for 2022 not to have any streams available.

Maybe be on SWFC YouTube?

9 minutes ago, Tony Pulis said:

Maybe be on SWFC YouTube?

Nothing yet, we put our a tweet this morning about the game but no information. 

Our YouTube channel not really prolific, last update was 9 days ago before Liam Palmer's last run on Thursday. 

Last year we used Celtics YouTube coverage for that match and Alfreton's TV channel streamed that game for a fiver. 

It's a small ground and demand surely significantly outweighs capacity. 

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

it wasn't even a youth team as a few of that team that day were with 1st team squad . team was lads 16-18 how many of them play league football today? whose idea was it that day to send kids to play men? only thing i can think of is we were offered the stoke game late in the day so sent a young team to alfreton that day. 

4 minutes ago, striker said:

Nothing yet, we put our a tweet this morning about the game but no information. 

Our YouTube channel not really prolific, last update was 9 days ago before Liam Palmer's last run on Thursday. 

Last year we used Celtics YouTube coverage for that match and Alfreton's TV channel streamed that game for a fiver. 

It's a small ground and demand surely significantly outweighs capacity. 

how many do you think will attend today? weather is going to be fine and its 3pm saturday. other times we have gone there have been mainly tues nights and some with rain 

1 minute ago, morganowl said:

how many do you think will attend today? weather is going to be fine and its 3pm saturday. other times we have gone there have been mainly tues nights and some with rain 

Don't know. The ground holds 3,600. 

TBH I don't care, I'm not included or catered for. As a disabled fan who lives hours away from Sheffield or Alfreton, no way of me engaging today. May as well be a behind closed doors game as far as I'm concerned. 

I'm definitely throwing my toys out of the pram, going to have to spend another Saturday with the family.

lol

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

When we played them last year I think the attendance was just over 900 I’m guessing 1500ish today.

I am going as I’ve never been to Alfretons ground.

Me too, although we've played quite a few friendlies there in recent years it's usually been midweek and I couldn't be arsed, so making the effort today. Ground #115 

• Like 1