Moore / Chansiri

All the people who said he wasn't backed last season and had to make do with freebies and loans, are you saying the same this season too? Christ the squad is the envy of the league again. If we're ever outside the playoffs this season then it's a failure. Top 2 is an absolute must with this team, i'd have my finger on the trigger from the very start if i was DC.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

All the people who said he wasn't backed last season and had to make do with freebies and loans, are you saying the same this season too? Christ the squad is the envy of the league again. If we're ever outside the playoffs this season then it's a failure. Top 2 is an absolute must with this team, i'd have my finger on the trigger from the very start if i was DC.

This squad is shaping up to be significantly superior to last season. One geared for top 2........ and being assembled more in advance than was the case last year giving more time to bed new players in. Our relative weakness in the air both at the back (Dunkley aside) and up front have been addressed.

I dont go along with the absolute imperative for a lightening start but if promotion isn't achieved then yes Moore would most likely be gone.

12 hours ago, fpowl said:

When do we go to Portugal 

I always think the squad needs to be more or less assembled before then if for nothing else the bonding

How many times have we jetted off without a signing or with about 10% of the new signings 

now 5 in the door all ready and none of their contracts have even run out 

I can’t wait to send pictures of the lads in training tomorrow to my good old vocal Rotherham associates and thank them for paying them still whilst they are training with us ( yeah I am that childish) 

Unfortunately I don't think we will have any loan signings by then. They always happen right at the end when the premier league clubs have finalised their squads for the year and know which young players they want to loan out. 

• Like 1

Most players are no different to everyone else. They want financial security and a decent work life balance, which means looking after their families. I don't know the facts but if both players from Rotherham have secured a pay rise, don't need to uproot their families or live away from them and the likelihood they can play in a successful team in front of big crowds then that's all part of the decision. They could maybe earn more elsewhere but may have to move, which isn't best for families. They could play in the league above, but in a team likely to be struggling, which they've done before and probably not enjoyed so much as a successful season in the league below.

None of it means they won't be giving their all for their employer

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Luke said:

I don't care about the attention 

Just calling it as it Is

Anyone who thinks those lads from Rotherham,Gregory,Byers,paterson,windass and more are here because they've always wanted the play under Moore are delusional 

They are here because we offered the most money 

It's just the way it is 

I don’t think any posters have said, or implied, that players have “always wanted to play under Moore”.

I suspect that none of the five signings we’ve made gave a moments thought to Wednesday and/or Moore until we made an approach. Then, at some stage in the process, Moore will have spoken to our potential signings. I guess that it is in these discussion where Moore will have made a positive impression that lures players to league 1 when more lucrative offers at Championship level are available. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Shezza said:

You have to realise that the only reason the two lads from Rotherham are signing is money. 

Then again never really hurt Man Utd, City, Chelsea et.all. But dropping down a division?

I’m a bit sceptical, me. Smacks of final pay day. 

They are people. People with a talent. Money is one of a myriad of reasons they decide to do something. Maybe its one with the most influence, but money becomes less important based on circumstances. Are they a family man? Have their family accepted following them around the country to chase the money, or are they more likely to choose a stable family life over solely money?
Some people in life even take on a role based on the potential of that role and can thus be sold it by a convincing or genuine person. So, Darren Moore could have had influence on their decision. 

Stability and family could have had influence. 
Money could have had influence - probably did. 

But, did they choose us rather than a championship club, say on the south coast because they spoke to Darren Moore  and believed in what he was selling? Or not want to move their settled family from schools in Sheffield or Rotherham? Was this other none monetary influence a factor in them choosing to earn 14k pw at Sheffield Wednesday or 14k pw at say Reading - none of us know, but its not a ridiculous proposition. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tamworthowl said:

I don’t think any posters have said, or implied, that players have “always wanted to play under Moore”.

I suspect that none of the five signings we’ve made gave a moments thought to Wednesday and/or Moore until we made an approach. Then, at some stage in the process, Moore will have spoken to our potential signings. I guess that it is in these discussion where Moore will have made a positive impression that lures players to league 1 when more lucrative offers at Championship level are available. 

Ye and Ronaldo signed with Man U because he wanted to play under Ole 🤣

17 minutes ago, Luke said:

Ronaldo is a great example. I don't believe that Ronaldo chose Man U just out of financial reasons.

He once stated: “It was a dream because as a kid I always wanted to play in the Premier League"

There are always serveral things, which influence the players decisions:

- family / school for the children 

- language

- promotion or relegation anticipation / league / reputation of the club

- team colleagues / manager 

- etc, etc

19 hours ago, flash said:

5 very good proven L1 players all signed before 1st July. This will stand us in great stead getting them in early and settled as opposed to previous windows where it’s been last minute. I expect they’ll be more on their way quite soon too i.e. Wilks.

Well done to Darren Moore. He clearly can persuade the right players to join us. 

And well played Chansiri in continuing to back him in the transfer market so early in the window. Made some huge errors in the past but more recently his actions are building much more positivity around the club. Managed to also tie down Cadamateri so hopefully learning from past mistakes. 

It feels a good time to be an Owl! 

Just need to burn the blue nets, get the new kits out, give Beswetherick a bumper new contract and jobs a badger 👌

8 hours ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

If moore isn’t pushing that top spot going into winter 

chansiri will carry on his new trick and just go and save Warne from the relegation car crash season bud chairman  has set him up for 

even Warne will know with this latest he’s took Rotherham as far as he can go he will want a crack with a team with budget soon 

he’s a good manager and bloke let down by his tight a55 chairman 

that said I think moore will have us right up there it certainly will stand us well if we are there or there abouts ( and I mean autos ) come the end of august 

27 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

Ronaldo is a great example. I don't believe that Ronaldo chose Man U just out of financial reasons.

He once stated: “It was a dream because as a kid I always wanted to play in the Premier League"

And that was 19 years ago 

What the hell does that have to do with Ronaldo signing with man u under ole 

Ronaldo resigned for man u purely down to money (and can do no wrong there)

Just like the two rotherham lads have signed for us is down to money 

Anyone whose thinking there's other reasons are delusional 

1 hour ago, Luke said:

Whats Ronaldo, Man U and Ole got to do with (some) players being impressed by a chat with Moore such that it sways their thinking if they’ve got multiple offers? Irrelevant comparison.

Not everyone is solely driven by money. You might be, but many people, including a few footballers, take other factors into account. I don’t understand why you can’t see that it’s a possibility that Moore might have had an influence on bringing players to Wednesday when they have better (I.e. in a higher league) offers from elsewhere. Unless you’re blinded by money.