Moore / Chansiri

2 minutes ago, paulrs said:

Maybe, but getting a good contract doesn’t mean they won’t put 100% effort in. From everything I’ve heard they’re both excellent professionals.

And it’s worth remembering… they’ve both played in two championship relegation seasons at Rotherham already. Logic tells you there’s a good chance of that happening again so would you rather that, or play in a likely promotion push in front of 25000 every week.  

You’re probably right. And we won’t be able to build a sustainable club in League One. We need to get out.

Paixao is still heavily involved in all that DM wants. 

But the difference being that Moore and downes send scouts to watch as well as the analysis of stats. 

I've been advised tonight that I'm no longer needed as a friend/helper from Callum Paterson. 

So he can get to fizz. 

#wawaw

3 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

If we sign wilks that’ll be a fee and probably the only player we pay for unless we get dean back

i reckon we’ll get 4-5 in on loan young up and coming players from prem sides

Think we’ll see a max of 4 more… we’re crying out for a couple of wide players plus another centre back…possibly  another attacker too

1 hour ago, Shezza said:

You have to realise that the only reason the two lads from Rotherham are signing is money. 

Then again never really hurt Man Utd, City, Chelsea et.all. But dropping down a division?

I’m a bit sceptical, me. Smacks of final pay day. 

Exactly right. Most footballers are mercenaries. ( I would be too.) Get ridiculously overpaid, work hard for the team, be a professional. I don’t want them to kiss badges and faux pretend they really care about the club. Just do your job, get on with it. All this coming over to the fans after an away win and doing all the hey! hey! hey! ballacks! It’s all a load of shiiite really. We’re all part of a big happy family?? Let’s be rate, any one of em will scarper if it suits em. Cmon Smith and score some goals, I don’t care who you played for. I don’t even think it’s funny that he may leave Rotherham and come to Wednesday. He’s just chasing the money and taking the p*ss out of another set of fans who really care about the club. Only 6 weeks to go !!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shezza said:

You have to realise that the only reason the two lads from Rotherham are signing is money. 

Then again never really hurt Man Utd, City, Chelsea et.all. But dropping down a division?

You seem to be under the impression that there is loyalty in football. The game is all about chasing the money for players. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, SDS Owl said:

Money talks.

I'd does 

Makes me laugh these people who think they sign because of Moore 

I bet most the players who've signed undr him had to Google who he was 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Shezza said:

There’s only one reason to decide to stay in this league playing minnows , effectively dropping down a league, rather than biggish clubs in good stadia and it’s not because they always wanted to play for the Owls.

19 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

You seem to be under the impression that there is loyalty in football. The game is all about chasing the money for players. 

Some players will be more desperate than others eg those around 30. If they get an even better offer, will they off somewhere else in six months? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Luke said:

I'd does 

Makes me laugh these people who think they sign because of Moore 

I bet most the players who've signed undr him had to Google who he was 

Luke my friend. 

I do actually agree with some of your posts. 

And I also understand your need to play devils advocate sometimes. 

What I would say fella is that you don't need to keep doing things for attention.

This is a forum for you. But for a lot of us. Wedn

1 hour ago, Jim Wonk said:

Exactly right. Most footballers are mercenaries. ( I would be too.) Get ridiculously overpaid, work hard for the team, be a professional. I don’t want them to kiss badges and faux pretend they really care about the club. Just do your job, get on with it. All this coming over to the fans after an away win and doing all the hey! hey! hey! ballacks! It’s all a load of shiiite really. We’re all part of a big happy family?? Let’s be rate, any one of em will scarper if it suits em. Cmon Smith and score some goals, I don’t care who you played for. I don’t even think it’s funny that he may leave Rotherham and come to Wednesday. He’s just chasing the money and taking the p*ss out of another set of fans who really care about the club. Only 6 weeks to go !!! 

“Player of the season”..sickening he would leave and go down a league , for the money. Particularly cynical behaviour.

• Haha 1

Just now, reggae said:

Luke my friend. 

I do actually agree with some of your posts. 

And I also understand your need to play devils advocate sometimes. 

What I would say fella is that you don't need to keep doing things for attention.

This is a forum for you. But for a lot of us. Wedn

I don't care about the attention 

Just calling it as it Is

Anyone who thinks those lads from Rotherham,Gregory,Byers,paterson,windass and more are here because they've always wanted the play under Moore are delusional 

They are here because we offered the most money 

It's just the way it is 

5 minutes ago, Luke said:

Just calling it as it Is

Anyone who thinks those lads from Rotherham,Gregory,Byers,paterson,windass and more are here because they've always wanted the play under Moore are delusional 

It's just the way it is 

Fair enough. 

I know Gregory and both lads from Rotherham were offered more money elsewhere.

Vaulks not a clue. But I'm sure he was. 

I know you keeping it real mate. But believe me. Some things are worth more than money 

• Like 1

I both like and rate Moore as a manager. If some claimed that he underachieved last season with the ‘best squad in the league’ then he’s going to find himself even more under the microscope this coming season. A fast start is essential to keep the twa.., I mean critics at bay.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, reggae said:

Paixao is still heavily involved in all that DM wants. 

But the difference being that Moore and downes send scouts to watch as well as the analysis of stats. 

I've been advised tonight that I'm no longer needed as a friend/helper from Callum Paterson. 

So he can get to fizz. 

#wawaw

Who by?

7 hours ago, Luke said:

Just calling it as it Is

It's just the way it is 

Money may well be one of the most important factors. But if you think the manager plays no part at all then I'm afraid you are the one who is delusional.

9 hours ago, Shezza said:

Well of course money is a factor - isn’t it with anyone?

Smith was player of the season, in a promotion winning side!

Think of it this way, the best players in the country are on the highest wages, they still deliver week I week out, I’m pretty confident that even though it’s a different level, these 2 boys will do just that.

I think they are both great signings and Moore must be well respected to keep pulling in decent players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Swfcsi said:

Not a Chansiri fan by any means but it's time to forgive and forget and move on ,very big well done to Darren Moore and Chansiri ...

Agree. We suffered from his learning curves and made many, many mistakes. But, what's done is done, can't go backwards.

Perhaps coinciding with the appointment of Moore, been mostly positive and really enjoying being a Wednesday fan right now.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Luke said:

Just calling it as it Is

It's just the way it is 

He would have to have remarkable powers if Paterson and Windass signed because of him.  Either that or the both of them being psychic.