Moore / Chansiri

Just now, Baldrick said:

Have we ever made 5 new signings before the start of July?

Gives us a great chance in pre season to get players to gel 

I can’t recall this but some stato may prove me wrong. We’ve called for this for many years and finally!!

Seems calculated along with Chansiri throwing the money at it. 

It also feels like the club has a bit of pull in this League. 

We’re all excited with the players we can get in in this league - one of the few positives of being in this league is being a big fish … rather than one our targets in the Championship going to someone like QPR instead of us etc 

When do we go to Portugal 

I always think the squad needs to be more or less assembled before then if for nothing else the bonding

How many times have we jetted off without a signing or with about 10% of the new signings 

now 5 in the door all ready and none of their contracts have even run out 

I can’t wait to send pictures of the lads in training tomorrow to my good old vocal Rotherham associates and thank them for paying them still whilst they are training with us ( yeah I am that childish) 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, fpowl said:

I always think the squad needs to be more or less assembled before then if for nothing else the bonding

How many times have we jetted off without a signing or with about 10% of the new signings 

I can’t wait to send pictures of the lads in training tomorrow to my good old vocal Rotherham associates and thank them for paying them still whilst they are training with us ( yeah I am that childish) 

I’d say that’s perfectly acceptable 

• Like 1

You have to realise that the only reason the two lads from Rotherham are signing is money. 

Then again never really hurt Man Utd, City, Chelsea et.all. But dropping down a division?

I’m a bit sceptical, me. Smacks of final pay day. 

All done 40+ games last season! Have we finally turned the corner and actually looking for player that are fit and available for selection🤞not just sat on the treatment table milking us!!  this has been a big problem for us for years!

1 minute ago, Shezza said:

You have to realise that the only reason the two lads from Rotherham are signing is money. 

Then again never really hurt Man Utd, City, Chelsea et.all. But dropping down a division?

Disagree it’s potentially their last big contract before they start getting smaller and the money stops dropping 

Money will 100% play a factor but so will put club our ambition our Fans 

renrmber the old interview question where do you see yourself in 2 years time? that answer to that question makes it a no brainier 

Plus non of these players have had big contracts before 

it’s not like the old premier league players declining dropping down and earning off a reputation 

these are arguably still in their prime and smith alone has never and will never play like a final pay check guy he’s a proper grafter that lad

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Im pretty sure they will like these pictures 😁

ihiekwe-2.webp

Large.webp

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, Shezza said:

Maybe, but getting a good contract doesn’t mean they won’t put 100% effort in. From everything I’ve heard they’re both excellent professionals.

And it’s worth remembering… they’ve both played in two championship relegation seasons at Rotherham already. Logic tells you there’s a good chance of that happening again so would you rather that, or play in a likely promotion push in front of 25000 every week.  

• Like 3