Early business essential

Easier said than done, but there are a lot of positives to having the squad together at the start of pre season. 

It's perhaps unrealistic to expect all players to be in, but crucial we have key positions in place, a strong starting 11 and can slot the rest in building up to the start of the season. 

Depends what is happening with the out of contract players, would be a huge boost to renew the likes of Luongo, Hunt in particular which takes the pressure off a bit 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Given that the season starts on July 30th and current contracts don't expire until June 30th, I'd reign my hopes in a bit if I were you.

There's no way anybody's final squad will be in place a month before the season starts.

Agree.

The busiest time of transfer windows is nearly always the 11th hour.

• Like 3

Last thing I want to hear in the first few months is fans saying the team need to gel, if we don't get off to a good start and fall off the pace of the top 2.

It's start strong, stay strong and finish strong as league champions next season!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Guest DoesJackHunt
37 minutes ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

Who is our goalie now? 

Dawson and Wildsmith as things stand currently, I think we bring someone else in as well. I think you normally have 3 in the squad don’t you? 

23 minutes ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

I'm not asking for much

1) Having squad ready a month before the season is virtually impossible.

2) As is winning promotion by March.

Surprised you don’t want the FA, League and Pizza cup treble too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Burnsie said:

It's only June ffs lol

Indeed but in less than 9 weeks we go again, we have preseason training, friendlies, a new pitch, new players, old players to resign or sell, new shirts and a poo load of others things to do in just less than 9 weeks,  59 days to be precise to the first game of the season, (unless we play on the Friday.😁😁)

Well the loans are nearly all done late on so I can't see that changing. I suppose we're still waiting for answers to contract offers as well, though TBH I would have thought 

by now the club will know whether to it's likely the players concerned will be accepting the deals or not. We've already lost one reported target, Ladapo, we may lose more.

2 hours ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

Who is our goalie now? 

Errr… not sure, what you like in net? Might end up playing goalie wag at this rate.

Nah, I’m sure Dawson will be a solid choice this season. More experience and confidence from the season he’s just had.

• Haha 1