Would you be happy with a stadium like MK Dons style?

55 minutes ago, Django said:

Some new stadium are great especially Emirates, Etihad, Pride park isn’t bad either 

Some are sheite like King power and Ricoh arena

Id be up for a move as long as it wasn’t a symmetrical 30k capacity job

Price Park is awful and it’s location isn’t fantastic either.

• Like 1

I’d be up for a new stadium. I just don’t want a bowl and don’t understand why that seems to be the only building option in English football.

There are some wonderful stadiums across Europe which have distinct seperate stands in a more traditional style. I particularly like Ibrox, Copenhagen and Dortmund’s stadium.

I’ve accepted that, if we want to challenge at the top again, we’ll probably need to relocate. Hillsborough just isn’t fit for purpose and it would cost more to renovate it than it would be to rebuild.

Furthermore. We have our issues being directly on a river bank and there’s not much wiggle room in terms of renovation. 

I think we’re better than being given an identikit bowl stadium. I’d like a new stadium that gives you the wow factor that Hillsborough can do. Incorporate the clock etc. But with room to build a proper complex with tonnes of facilities that can build revenue. 

As far as identikit bowls go though, MK’s is quite good.

• Like 1

What I liked was

1. Their "atmosphere" was in one area. Our away fan atmosphere is spread out across kop and North.

2. All season tickets by the looks of it were lower tier. Suspect they only sell upper tier if they ever have the demand. That'd help at ours too with atmosphere having it closer together.

3. They must make a fortune on the hotel, food, etc (everything we don't make money on) dunno if they'll sub-let out the buildings for the restaurants either or whether that helped them get theirs cheaper, but everything is there to make money and go into their coffers.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, oneeyedmilkman said:

What I liked was

1. Their "atmosphere" was in one area. Our away fan atmosphere is spread out across kop and North.

2. All season tickets by the looks of it were lower tier. Suspect they only sell upper tier if they ever have the demand. That'd help at ours too with atmosphere having it closer together.

3. They must make a fortune on the hotel, food, etc (everything we don't make money on) dunno if they'll sub-let out the buildings for the restaurants either or whether that helped them get theirs cheaper, but everything is there to make money and go into their coffers.

We need the exact same ground

• Like 1

Yeah loved MK's stadium. What I would do is get 4 different designers to work on a stand each so we'd end up with 4 different looking stands. It would be a new stadium but look like an older one!! The cost might be colossal and it might end up looking pretty rubbish hmmm, yeah, no I'd have Mk's.

• Haha 1

Problem is with many Wednesday fans is that we’re reluctant to move with the times. We’re stuck in a 90’s time warp, the stadium hasn’t changed since then and we haven’t had a decent side since then either.

We want those days back but the reality is that half of the football league has moved on in front of us and we’ve stood still, clinging onto a relic of a stadium hoping that we’ll somehow find our way back 

The infrastructure isn’t there, the stadium isn’t there, Chansiri needs to wake up and get a plan together because we’re 22 years out of the big time and counting 

On 16/04/2022 at 11:29, Pastor Kidneys said:

I like it ... nice tidy stadium.

Hillsborough is on it's last legs.

Hillsborough as we know it may be on it's last legs, but why not redevelop it properly over a period of 10 years or more so that we can have both a new modern stadium but keep our spiritual home?

Shouldn't cost anymore than going for a brand new site.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Hillsborough as we know it may be on it's last legs, but why not redevelop it properly over a period of 10 years or more so that we can have both a new modern stadium but keep our spiritual home?

Shouldn't cost anymore than going for a brand new site.

The stadium looks ok from the terraces. 

However the facilities are abysmal, I’m not just talking about for the fans either, the dressing rooms are tiny, the away one especially so, the officials one still has a portable tv from the 90’s on a bracket screwed to the wall. The tunnel is that narrow both sides can’t enter the pitch at the same time 

A couple of years back I was told that both chesterfield and Rotherham generate more money from their stadiums on non match day than we do

Time to move 

6 minutes ago, Django said:

Relocation to an area at the top of the parkway around Europa link near the old airport would be perfect imo 

Seventy Acre Hill? 

Near SYP Ops Centre?

Edited by Utah Owl
  • Like 1