Would you be happy with a stadium like MK Dons style?

Can't say I'm totally against a new ground, but if you're going to do it then at least make it unique. 

Very impressed with the facilities and concourse at MK, but it's a bland design and lacks any character. 

Spurs' new ground for example is on another level to anything I've ever seen, that single-tier stand behind the goal is very impressive. I mean it did cost £1.2 billion compared to £100 million for MK, so maybe that's not a fair comparison but what I'm saying is that I'd hate to see us cut costs for a standard boring design if the day ever came. 

I can't think of a scenario where we can afford a new ground to be honest. Even a sustained period in the Premier League wouldn't generate the finances required for it. I said recently on here that it would be a project that would need to be led by Sheffield Council, possibly with a ground share between both Sheffield teams. 

'The Sheffield San Siro' 🤪

9 minutes ago, Bassetts Allsorts said:

Can't say I'm totally against a new ground, but if you're going to do it then at least make it unique. 

Very impressed with the facilities and concourse at MK, but it's a bland design and lacks any character. 

Spurs' new ground for example is on another level to anything I've ever seen, that single-tier stand behind the goal is very impressive. I mean it did cost £1.2 billion compared to £100 million for MK, so maybe that's not a fair comparison but what I'm saying is that I'd hate to see us cut costs for a standard boring design if the day ever came. 

I can't think of a scenario where we can afford a new ground to be honest. Even a sustained period in the Premier League wouldn't generate the finances required for it. I said recently on here that it would be a project that would need to be led by Sheffield Council, possibly with a ground share between both Sheffield teams. 

😖

15 minutes ago, Bassetts Allsorts said:

My brother-in-law is a builder. We get family rates off him and mates rates from his builder mates. If Tottenham’s stadium cost £1.2 Billion, I reckon our lass’s brother could build something similar at Hillsborough for, say, £3.5K. I’ll have a word with him. We’ll have to wait mind; he’s busy at the moment. 

18 minutes ago, shandypants said:

My brother-in-law is a builder. We get family rates off him and mates rates from his builder mates. If Tottenham’s stadium cost £1.2 Billion, I reckon our lass’s brother could build something similar at Hillsborough for, say, £3.5K. I’ll have a word with him. We’ll have to wait mind; he’s busy at the moment. 

My dad is a brickie and will do it for £3.4k he said.

Going off how long it took him to the finish the extension on my house, it should be ready for the 2042/43 season.

4 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

And the Kop.  Also the facilities on the North need improvement.

I can live with the Kop, it's still an incredible sight to behold. Yeah the facilities need imprving but the North Stand strcuture itself is still one of the most aesthetically pleasing football stands in Europe. And the South Stand is a great nod back to the original. But the West Stand... that has admittedly been an embaressment for years now.The WC plans for it looked great a few years ago.

Just now, 114mphAndRising said:

I can live with the Kop, it's still an incredible sight to behold. Yeah the facilities need imprving but the North Stand strcuture itself is still one of the most aesthetically pleasing football stands in Europe. And the South Stand is a great nod back to the original. But the West Stand... that has admittedly been an embaressment for years now.The WC plans for it looked great a few years ago.

The Kop needs bulldozing and replacing with a new stand with all the mod cons.

4 hours ago, Geedee said:

I dont know but there is a constant reference on here to cheap flat pack designs , this imo looks great.

A question is there anybody who would actually be unhappy staying at Hillsborough if the stadium looked like this?

I suspect most would go for this rather than a new build as it does look great but I wondered what the costs were, particularly compared to a new build. Also, how do running costs compare with a revamped stadium compared to a new build.

Either way it seems a pipe dream as we can't seem to afford a lick of paint these days.

1 hour ago, 4evaowl said:

I suspect most would go for this rather than a new build as it does look great but I wondered what the costs were, particularly compared to a new build. Also, how do running costs compare with a revamped stadium compared to a new build.

Either way it seems a pipe dream as we can't seem to afford a lick of paint these days.

Not been for a year or two?

7 hours ago, Geedee said:

Very happy to be have our stadium called Owlerton. But I think the Hillsborough disaster for most is ancient history it certainly will be within a couple of decades

This, how many still go on about the Ibrox disaster or the Bradford fire? Time is on our side.

• Like 1