Fortress Hillsborough

1 minute ago, owls maniac said:

Think it’s going to have to, because the away form is pretty average at best. 

It’s going to be tough isn’t it? Sunderland will be fighting tooth and nail to get back into the top six and those already in the box seats won’t give them up without a fight. 

4 minutes ago, shandypants said:

It’s going to be tough isn’t it? Sunderland will be fighting tooth and nail to get back into the top six and those already in the box seats won’t give them up without a fight. 

I think we’ve got as good a chance as any of those sides, it’s who blinks first. With the teams we have to play at home we really would be kicking ourselves if we didn’t make it now. The players need to be focussed and ruthless. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

I think we’ve got as good a chance as any of those sides, it’s who blinks first. With the teams we have to play at home we really would be kicking ourselves if we didn’t make it now. The players need to be focussed and ruthless. 

Agreed. 

But but but....its toxic, its too hard for players to play there, the pitch is rubbish, it's hostile and the big crowd is too much for the players, the crowd boo too much and are too negative.

Blah blah blah.

At least we can finally put all that rubbish to bed.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, shandypants said:

Wycombe still have to play Plymouth and us - but they are home for both.

Their other 5 matches are against teams in the bottom 9. If they get 3-4 points from Plymouth and us, they’ll go extremely close.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trev said:

But but but....its toxic, its too hard for players to play there, the pitch is rubbish, it's hostile and the big crowd is too much for the players, the crowd boo too much and are too negative.

Blah blah blah.

i think it’s more to do with the fact this league is a dreadful standard than us being amazing at home. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, trev said:

Blah blah blah.

Gonna be 100% honest here, I think some of those points have come in spite of the fans,  its been better this season, but we are still a very quiet fanbase unless things are going our way.  Not the greatest at getting behind the team when things are down and we love a scapegoat. 

If the fans start holding up their end of the deal and making it a hostile environment for teams to come to and one with everyone cheering for the home team and getting things going from the first minute then maybe that "rubbish" as you put it would be put to bed.  It might not be a toxic environment, but it isnt a great one.

• Like 4
  • Love 3

6 minutes ago, sheffwed1 said:

i think it’s more to do with the fact this league is a dreadful standard than us being amazing at home. 

Probs a bit of both tbf. 

In fairness, it makes the games more entertaining. 

The Championship (which I want us to get back into obvs) can be so f*cking boring. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, sheffwed1 said:

That's harsh, I think our form at home has been fantastic and finally made Hillsborough a tough place to come.

Great achievement by the team.

• Like 4