Fortress Hillsborough

1 hour ago, sheffwed1 said:

well yes…. But they don’t have anywhere near the wage budget that we have. 
Do not kid yourself the main reason our home record is so good is the standard we are at. 

I’m sure there’s a cogent argument in there somewhere.

28 minutes ago, Luke said:

Nothing really worth bragging about when your playing teams like cambridge gillingham and burton who have squads on 5% what our players earn 

Too right mate, don’t people know we are the only team that plays them at home.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sham67 said:

I’m sure there’s a cogent argument in there somewhere.

Too right mate, don’t people know we are the only team that plays them at home.

Home record means nowt if you dont get promoted 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Luke said:

Home record means nowt if you dont get promoted 

No record means anything, if you don't manage to enjoy anything.

Luke, you really need to lighten up a bit. Live is full of joy. Don't spoil your own live by being miserable all the time.

I am glad and proud that we got that home record. 

Why can't you enjoy it? 

Why can't you enjoy anything? Do your really believe you will feel any better when we are in the Championship again next season? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The fervour with which some Wednesday fans try to stamp out any positivity surrounding our club (or perhaps our manager) never fails to baffle and amuse me in equal measure.

Do you reckon they're like this in their everyday lives?

'Dad - I came top of the class in a spelling test!'

'Yeah? Well you're in a class with a bunch of 7 year-olds. Come back when you've won University Challenge.'

:duntmatter:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, The coach said:

You openly admit you dont like the ticket section in here..people shudnt buy and sell them on for pts...but it dosnt stop you using it when you havnt got enough pts ..

We're all season ticket holders in family with different points sometimes I try and get odd ticket.

But we turn up at Hillsborough week in week out you brag about not attending home games

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

The fervour with which some Wednesday fans try to stamp out any positivity surrounding our club (or perhaps our manager) never fails to baffle and amuse me in equal measure.

'Yeah? Well you're in a class with a bunch of 7 year-olds. Come back when you've won University Challenge.'

Well said!! 💙

I really always wonder what their live must be like. I am never sure, if I should pity them or pity their family.

Unfortunately I'm never amused. It always makes me sad to see that there are people, who just feel miserable all the time.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sheffwed1 said:

well yes…. But they don’t have anywhere near the wage budget that we have. 
Do not kid yourself the main reason our home record is so good is the standard we are at. 

So it’s down to the wage budget then? Well I guess that’s just the standard we are at

33 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Spot on mate some reyt Mardy gits on here

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

We're all season ticket holders in family with different points sometimes I try and get odd ticket.

But we turn up at Hillsborough week in week out you brag about not attending home games

Brag?? I openly admit i work on satdays when we are at home...not really a 'brag' 🙄

It's a good record and we should be happy with it. 

You can only beat what is in front of you and we've by and large done that. 

And yes, it will mean diddly squat if we don't get ourselves promoted. 

Those trying to knock it are just being miserable and/or edgy for the sake of it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sheffwed1 said:

not quite but the teams with the bigger budgets should and tend to be around the top it is common knowledge.

I disagree.  IMO one of the major attractions of football is, that in the end it's 11 men against 11 men and you never know, which team will win.

It's always great, if the "underdog" wins and makes it to the top of the league.

1 hour ago, GermanBird said:

No record means anything, if you don't manage to enjoy anything.

Luke, you really need to lighten up a bit. Live is full of joy. Don't spoil your own live by being miserable all the time.

I am glad and proud that we got that home record. 

Why can't you enjoy it? 

Why can't you enjoy anything? Do your really believe you will feel any better when we are in the Championship again next season? 

You don't know me 

Stop with the Dr Phil sh!t

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

So wierd isn't it. Some people clearly get zero enjoyment out of supporting Wednesday.

I genuinely wonder why they don't spend their time doing something else instead. 

If you can't feel at least a little happy at the fact we have the best home record in the country then really why even bother.

• Like 5