Fortress Hillsborough

Just now, The coach said:

So its better than citys or lpool? Cant see that

We have 44 points having played 20 games. 

Liverpool have 36 points having played 14 games. 

Man City have 34 points having played 14 games. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, leftpeg said:

Gonna be 100% honest here, I think some of those points have come in spite of the fans,  its been better this season, but we are still a very quiet fanbase unless things are going our way.  Not the greatest at getting behind the team when things are down and we love a scapegoat. 

If the fans start holding up their end of the deal and making it a hostile environment for teams to come to and one with everyone cheering for the home team and getting things going from the first minute then maybe that "rubbish" as you put it would be put to bed.  It might not be a toxic environment, but it isnt a great one.

It's no better/worse than 80% of grounds all over the country tbh.

You see people's personality come out when there is a positive thread based on a fact.

They try to turn it to a negative (see above) instead of celebrating something.

2.2 points per game at Hillsborough is great.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Nero said:

You see people's personality come out when there is a positive thread based on a fact.

They try to turn it to a negative (see above) instead of celebrating something.

2.2 points per game at Hillsborough is great.

Agreed. Who gives a stuff about Liverpool playing fewer games. It’s a remarkable achievement!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, leftpeg said:

Gonna be 100% honest here, I think some of those points have come in spite of the fans,  its been better this season, but we are still a very quiet fanbase unless things are going our way.  Not the greatest at getting behind the team when things are down and we love a scapegoat. 

If the fans start holding up their end of the deal and making it a hostile environment for teams to come to and one with everyone cheering for the home team and getting things going from the first minute then maybe that "rubbish" as you put it would be put to bed.  It might not be a toxic environment, but it isnt a great one.

Tbh it's difficult to get too excited against, Accrington, Gills, Cheltenham, Fleetwood etc. Alot of us have been spoilt over the years.

1 hour ago, Sham67 said:

Don’t the other teams in the league play as many at home?

well yes…. But they don’t have anywhere near the wage budget that we have. 
Do not kid yourself the main reason our home record is so good is the standard we are at. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, The coach said:

You forgot to mention we had played 6 more games..like i said..misleading 🤥

If you didn't realise that Prem teams have played fewer games, I suppose. I imagine most football fans know that, though.

There are the other three divisions worth of clubs we've picked up more home points than as well, if you want to discount Man City and Liverpool for some reason.

I came across the stat in an article and thought it was worth sharing.

🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, bladeshater said:

Does it matter you openly admit you don't go to home games

You openly admit you dont like the ticket section in here..people shudnt buy and sell them on for pts...but it dosnt stop you using it when you havnt got enough pts ..

2 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Despite there being 5 teams above us, who play all them, but have worse home records. :biggrin: Reyt.

Rather be one the 5 teams above us than trying to make a home record in league 1 sound elite