Fortress Hillsborough

3 hours ago, Luke said:

Nothing really worth bragging about when your playing teams like cambridge gillingham and burton who have squads on 5% what our players earn 

Jeeez the players can’t win, can they? Lose and they get told they are crap, have the best home record in the country and told it’s only League 1. 

How about showing some support? 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, The coach said:

So its better than citys or lpool? Cant see that

Not as a % of games played and certainly not taking the standard of opposition into account.

It’s lies, damned lies and statistics and actually counts for nothing if we don’t go up. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, SDS Owl said:

Not as a % of games played and certainly not taking the standard of opposition into account.

It’s lies, damned lies and statistics and actually counts for nothing if we don’t go up. 

You my friend are absolutely spot on.  After reading your post I’ve decided to stop going to Hillsborough after 50 years.

• Haha 1

People used to say S6 was a tough crowd. 

Well our worst home form ever was when we had no fans in the building, and we've been great at home since. 

I hope that puts to bed the wet wipes that have a go at our home fans.

On 31/03/2022 at 09:54, leftpeg said:

Gonna be 100% honest here, I think some of those points have come in spite of the fans,  its been better this season, but we are still a very quiet fanbase unless things are going our way.  Not the greatest at getting behind the team when things are down and we love a scapegoat. 

If the fans start holding up their end of the deal and making it a hostile environment for teams to come to and one with everyone cheering for the home team and getting things going from the first minute then maybe that "rubbish" as you put it would be put to bed.  It might not be a toxic environment, but it isnt a great one.

But how do you get over excited for a game like today and last Saturday , we expect to beat these teams and it's nice when we do but because of the expectation and playing in league one , the atmosphere is never gonna be great.

Portsmouth last game could be totally different though if we need the points for the play offs .

Edited by Watto