Anyone see the Charlton fan getting dragged out?

3 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

My lad always goes through a different turnstile to me, I go left he goes right type of thing. Didn't get questioned yesterday though the steward doing the searching asked how old he was for the first time. 

On the searching note, someone was having a go at the stewards about the inequality on show. Women weren't being searched but men were. He has a point but he was proper getting irate about it. 

I make a point of never getting searched

6 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I make a point of never getting searched

How and why? 

I'm of the opinion that I've got nowt to hide and I'm not sneaking owt in so it's no skin off my nose. If searching people stops idiots sneaking flares etc in then that benefits everyone as it means they don't chuck em about. The plankton that are causing problems at our games are giving us all a bad name. I hate that as a football fan I'm looked at as scum by the police and society. Any other sector of society that was treated like we are there would be uproar. I've come to realise though that it's up to us decent fans to weed out the ones who give us a bad name. That's why I don't mind the searches and the bans for breaking the rules. The quicker these fools are gone the better football will be for me. 

• Like 9

12 hours ago, Quickly Kevin said:

Or the "gets battered everywhere they go" song.

Made me chuckle when Toytown were singing this the other week. It almost felt like their fans were so desperate to sing it to us that day that the numbskulls had completeley forgotten that one of the places we went this season was the New York Stadium and beat them by the same scoreline.

They are a bizarre lot, so desperate to be acknowledged as a rival.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

Needs a bit of clarity this from the club. As others have said  used to go with my mates from being 12. Is there some new guidelines? If so won't help get you next generation following us.

11 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

My lad always goes through a different turnstile to me, I go left he goes right type of thing. Didn't get questioned yesterday though the steward doing the searching asked how old he was for the first time. 

On the searching note, someone was having a go at the stewards about the inequality on show. Women weren't being searched but men were. He has a point but he was proper getting irate about it. 

The ruling at all grounds i work at including Hillsborough is all under 13s must be accompanied by an adult,  searching is applicable to those 16 years and over. I'd just ask to speak to a supervisor if there's a mix up. 

9 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Yep. Those 3 for starters.

Squaring up the crewe fans after they missed the penalty.

Mini pitch invasions at Cheltenham when going 2-1 up.

Fighting with stewards at Oxford inside and outside the ground.

Fighting with stewards at Sunderland inside the ground. Not sure on outside. Just another 3. Those are just the ones I've noticed.

There has been plenty of trouble at every match we've been at away this season.

Like is said, you are either blind or plain ignorant.

Par for the course then with many big away followings throughout the country!

10 minutes ago, Watto said:

It is 

Doesn't stop them from looking absolute dopes - strip it all back, look at the state of them arguing and trying to scrap with stewards - it's unreal how sad it is. These are lowly paid individuals who aren't @rsed about the footy and they're in their faces like they care. 

14 minutes ago, Watto said:

Par for the course doesn’t make it right.

The fact is the actions of these morons is now starting to have a knock on effect on other law abiding fans.

As well as the issues in this thread about younger fans, I’ve no doubt that the new procedure of getting in the North stand from Leppings Lane (Search areas fenced off a fair way from the turnstiles) are also as a result of recent actions.

4 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

It is 

Doesn't stop them from looking absolute dopes - strip it all back, look at the state of them arguing and trying to scrap with stewards - it's unreal how sad it is. These are lowly paid individuals who aren't @rsed about the footy and they're in their faces like they care. 

Most of it is down to having to much booze / white powder before games simple as that really and a minority that are just plain idiots.

4 minutes ago, Ian said:

The fact is the actions of these morons is now starting to have a knock on effect on other law abiding fans.

As well as the issues in this thread about younger fans, I’ve no doubt that the new procedure of getting in the North stand from Leppings Lane (Search areas fenced off a fair way from the turnstiles) are also as a result of recent actions.

No I never said it was 

It's not just a Wednesday thing though , it's society in general.

44 minutes ago, Portia said:

The ruling at all grounds i work at including Hillsborough is all under 13s must be accompanied by an adult,  searching is applicable to those 16 years and over. I'd just ask to speak to a supervisor if there's a mix up. 

Never knew that, you would have thought there would be signs up around the ground or on the website.

When did this change, as groups school age kids have been going for as long as i can recall. Just how it is  start of with your dad then as you get older with school friends etc.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Yep. Those 3 for starters.

Squaring up the crewe fans after they missed the penalty.

Mini pitch invasions at Cheltenham when going 2-1 up.

Fighting with stewards at Oxford inside and outside the ground.

Fighting with stewards at Sunderland inside the ground. Not sure on outside. Just another 3. Those are just the ones I've noticed.

There has been plenty of trouble at every match we've been at away this season.

Like is said, you are either blind or plain ignorant.

The Crewe fans behind goal came charging across to us when they missed the penalty, some of our lot were always going to react to that.

I was at Cheltenham and Oxford and didn't witness any trouble, I'm not saying there wasn't any, I just didn't see any. 

Can't comment on Sunderland as I didn't go due to covid.

There's obviously been bits of trouble at a number of games this season but compared to 1970s and 80s its not even handbags. 

It will eventually get cut out because its much easier to catch those doing anything wrong nowadays with cameras everywhere and they will get banned. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bradowl said:

The Crewe fans behind goal came charging across to us when they missed the penalty, some of our lot were always going to react to that.

I was at Cheltenham and Oxford and didn't witness any trouble, I'm not saying there wasn't any, I just didn't see any. 

Can't comment on Sunderland as I didn't go due to covid.

There's obviously been bits of trouble at a number of games this season but compared to 1970s and 80s its not even handbags. 

It will eventually get cut out because its much easier to catch those doing anything wrong nowadays with cameras everywhere and they will get banned. 

Those Crewe fans in the end were all about 14. It was frankly embarrassing that any of our fans reacted and many were willing to fight and kick there heads in (men in their mid 20s I must add). Embarrassing really. And before you say anything, I had a seat in that corner.

Guest Musttryharder
19 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

If I banned you how are you posting?

Because you let me back in. I thought that was obvious. Would you like me to ban myself and call it quits.

9 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

How and why? 

I'm of the opinion that I've got nowt to hide and I'm not sneaking owt in so it's no skin off my nose. If searching people stops idiots sneaking flares etc in then that benefits everyone as it means they don't chuck em about. The plankton that are causing problems at our games are giving us all a bad name. I hate that as a football fan I'm looked at as scum by the police and society. Any other sector of society that was treated like we are there would be uproar. I've come to realise though that it's up to us decent fans to weed out the ones who give us a bad name. That's why I don't mind the searches and the bans for breaking the rules. The quicker these fools are gone the better football will be for me. 

We are English, free men and should be allowed to go where we want unhindered unless we have broken the law.  The very basics of civil liberties and democracy.

13 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

How and why? 

11 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

It is 

11 hours ago, Ian said:

Inclined to agree that, unfortunately, we’ve pretty much reached the point where if you’re not part of the solution, you’re part of the problem. Which is very unfair on an abstracted/philosophical level, but in reality it’s how loads of stuff is now. Those of us doing it right can’t just get on with it, as daft as that sounds - we need to actively advocate for the sort of fandom we want to be a part of, because the tiny minority of bad eggs make so much more noise/fuss individually than we do.

It’s like when people are sat in their cars getting reyt angrymad about ‘traffic’ - mate, you literally are traffic

:duntmatter:

Edited by Mr. Tom

3 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

We are English, free men and should be allowed to go where we want unhindered unless we have broken the law.  The very basics of civil liberties and democracy.

Kind of want to get into how a ‘free’ society can only operate if we all tacitly agree to & accept some quite restrictive limitations on our collective definition of ‘freedom’ that *specifically must* go far beyond what’s obliged by written law… but we’ll be here all night

Edited by Mr. Tom

Just now, Mr. Tom said:

Kind of want to get into how a ‘free’ society can only operate if anyone tacitly agrees to and accepts some quite restrictive limitations on our collective definition of ‘freedom’ that *specifically must* go far beyond what’s obliged by written law… but we’ll be here all night

I'm just being a git.  

• Haha 1