Injured players

According to DM today, doesn't sound like any are going to be back soon. Lots more volume needed.

Windass

"He has got a spring in his step and he is bouncing around the place. It is great news for him and good news for us (that is not out for the season).

We will give him another few weeks and see where he is at."

Gregory

"Lee Gregory is making good progress but still feeling his knock a little bit. He won't be back this weekend."

John-Jules

"He is more long-term. Weeks and weeks for him."

Dean

"He is doing well and responded to treatment. We will assess him next week and see if he can step up his rehab".

FDB

"He has got an ankle injury and we have put him in a protective boot.

We are waiting for it to settle down. We will have a look at him next week after he has taken off his boot."

Iorfa, Dunkley, Gibson

"We don't quite have Chey back with us yet.

Lewis and Dominic are back in training. They are back in and involved in the squad.

We are looking at increasing their volume and to give them some in house games to aid their recovery.

Chey is probably a little bit behind them but is not too far".

Gibson is probably ahead of Iorfa. They are back in with the group. We will see how they move and what level they are with this group. Both are in good nick.

Hopefully they will be with us in a few weeks if they continue what they are doing.

Shodipo

"He is going to be out for some time but we feel he could be ready for the back end of the season".

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, paulrs said:

Bloody hell - nobody’s even close! How frustrating 

Very, which is why I think one more slight knock and we’re more or less screwed. 

On another note it’s good to see Moore is very honest about the injury situation bad though it may be. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, paulrs said:

Bloody hell - nobody’s even close! How frustrating 

I know it's crazy, for other clubs it's days and for us it's weeks.

He says "Windass has a spring in his step and bouncing round the place", then "we'll give him another few weeks see where he's at".

Same with Iorfa. He's been training 'on the grass' for a while now but is still weeks away.

There will hardly be any games left by the time most of them are fit to play.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I know it's crazy, for other clubs it's days and for us it's weeks.

He says "Windass has a spring in his step and bouncing round the place", then "we'll give him another few weeks see where he's at".

Same with Iorfa. He's been training 'on the grass' for a while now but is still weeks away.

There will hardly be any games left by the time most of them are fit to play.

I think with Windass the phrasing was metaphorical. I.e. he's 'bouncing' because he's not out for the season rather than he's actually able to train. 

But yeah very frustrating that none seem to be close. We'll just have to hope we can make top 6 without them and there's enough time to get most match fit for the playoffs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Markowski77 said:

Thinking of the positives - if we can hold the fort , and keep a similar momentum to what we are achieving without them - when we get them back for the last 10 games or so , it could be absolutely crucial 

Agreed it would be good to have these players back at the end of the season, but it sounds more like the last few games rather than as many as 10. But I won’t grumble if they are back for a playoff campaign. UTO

• Like 2

Sure I read recently that Adeniran might make the end of the season.

Looking on the bright side, if we do manage to make the play-offs we’ll definitely have the freshest squad. Top players like Iorfa, Dean, Luongo, Adeniran, Windass and Gregory will barely have played half a season

you read what  d moore said it makes no sense . windass has a spring in his step, he made a stop start comeback before getting an injury, if he is bouncing around then surely he is a few days away , but actually is a few weeks away..

iorfa in full training with squad yet he is a few weeks away, again strange one , he has been out over 3 months not 18 months did a full pre season so id have thought 2 weeks 

maybe  d moore thinks there built like biscuits so adding 3-4 weeks for them coming back 

out of the injured players im only fairly confident we will see h dean back as he isnt known for injuries  and we will prob get a few stop start games from l gregory as for rest dont think we will see too much of them . if we had a fit and firing windass and gregory id be 90% confident of making at least the playoffs . but we are very weak up front now and its just needs 1 injury in other key areas and we are in trouble. 

Edited by morganowl
  • Haha 2