Injured players

55 minutes ago, Screen Door Slams said:

Why is everything always so vague ?........................one wonders if the medical dept have suffered some financial cutbacks this season

Because predicting the return date of long term injured players is vague

• Like 1

Very encouraging news with regards to our centre backs.

If we can get a couple of them back and close the season out playing 3 centre backs, we could make ourselves very difficult to beat.

At the moment it feels like we are one new injury away from losing our momentum so it’ll be nice to get some cover back.

5 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

According to DM today, doesn't sound like any are going to be back soon. Lots more volume needed.

Windass

"He has got a spring in his step and he is bouncing around the place. It is great news for him and good news for us (that is not out for the season).

We will give him another few weeks and see where he is at."

Gregory

"Lee Gregory is making good progress but still feeling his knock a little bit. He won't be back this weekend."

John-Jules

"He is more long-term. Weeks and weeks for him."

Dean

"He is doing well and responded to treatment. We will assess him next week and see if he can step up his rehab".

FDB

"He has got an ankle injury and we have put him in a protective boot.

We are waiting for it to settle down. We will have a look at him next week after he has taken off his boot."

Iorfa, Dunkley, Gibson

"We don't quite have Chey back with us yet.

Lewis and Dominic are back in training. They are back in and involved in the squad.

We are looking at increasing their volume and to give them some in house games to aid their recovery.

Chey is probably a little bit behind them but is not too far".

Gibson is probably ahead of Iorfa. They are back in with the group. We will see how they move and what level they are with this group. Both are in good nick.

Hopefully they will be with us in a few weeks if they continue what they are doing.

Shodipo

"He is going to be out for some time but we feel he could be ready for the back end of the season".

Crikey! It would be cheaper to move training ground and stadium, than pay all the players out injured.

Surely this is the only option now to  eradicate injuries in the future. Everything else has failed. It can't be a coincidence all the injuries our player get (although this is slightly contradicted by those players who are never injured lol)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Yep.

I was hoping we'd bring in a defensive midfielder as it was.

Now that Wing's left, I'm amazed we didn't recruit in that area.

One more injury and we're screwed.

Wouldn’t be ideal but could move hutch back into midfield and play brennan… If worst really came to the worst.

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Yep.

I was hoping we'd bring in a defensive midfielder as it was.

Now that Wing's left, I'm amazed we didn't recruit in that area.

One more injury and we're screwed.

I hope he puts his faith in Waldock. Kind of chance one of our youngsters needs coming into a team in good form.

Luongo again on Sunday but then Waldock for him against Accrington to look after him a bit. Great opportunity for him and from what I’ve seen I think he’ll take it.

Pity about John-Jules as he’d have got a run at this point. Maybe a option for next season 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

It’s crazy really but only reason I want Iorfa and Dunkley back now is for cover. Even if fit they don’t get in the team.

The one I really want back and who will really push the current 3 CBS is Dean. 

Think Gibson is closest which will be nice as he’s a left sided CH work well with Hutchinson and Storey 

• Like 1