Injured players

Just now, Dutch McLovin said:

I hope he puts his faith in Waldock. Kind of chance one of our youngsters needs coming into a team in good form.

Luongo again on Sunday but then Waldock for him against Accrington to look after him a bit. Great opportunity for him and from what I’ve seen I think he’ll take it.

he can put all the faith in the world in waldock and get praised for it if we win but god help moore if he leaves luongo out and we lose .....

2 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

Wouldn’t be ideal but could move hutch back into midfield and play brennan… If worst really came to the worst.

A bit left field but we could try Brennan in midfield if struggling for bodies there. The few games I've seen him he's struck me as someone who could do a job in midfield.

Similar to Shaw in many ways. Rangy, a good engine to cover a lot of ground and decent passing ability.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

A bit left field but we could try Brennan in midfield if struggling for bodies there. The few games I've seen him he's struck me as someone who could do a job in midfield.

Similar to Shaw in many ways. Rangy, a good engine to cover a lot of ground and decent passing ability.

Thats not a bad shout to be fair

I do worry that with three games every week in February we are going to break Loungo again. We are so thin on the ground in midfield . 

We must have known we might be losing Wing, so why the hell didn't we we bring in a re enforcement in the Window knowing Dele abd Aderanin were out long term. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

They’ve only been cameos but he has looked very capable. Athletic and willing.

How we use Luongo is such an important issue for Moore. An idiot can see he needs care and rotation, but how we do that with no healthy capable replacement is harder to crack.

4 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

We must have known we might be losing Wing, so why the hell didn't we we bring in a re enforcement in the Window knowing Dele abd Aderanin were out long term. 

How the feck would they know dele was going to get injured the day after the window closed

• Like 2

12 hours ago, torryowl said:

moores basically saying there injured and they'll be back when there ready ..whats vague about that?

Sorry Torrry , but I dont think it`s asking too much of fully trained physios to diagnose an injury and give an informed prognosis on how long they will be out for, I just find all the cloak and dagger tiresome.

• Like 1

It is asking too much for such accuracy of return dates when that eventuality is some way off.

He has said some players will be out for "some weeks" - what's the issue?

It may be 6 weeks or 7 for a player - hell, maybe even 8 - but it depends how the treatment and rehab goes and how the players respond

It isn't a linear upward line on a graph - lots of factors to take into consideration