Storey

Hunt

Bashiru

Luongo

Bannan

Mendez Laing

Windass

Gregory

Plenty of options from the bench, Pato/John-Jules can come in for a centre midfielder and play as a front 3, Johnson and Palmer are options at wing back to keep it fresh. Wouldn't go gung ho with Windass in the 10 behind a front 2 just yet, but definitely up front with Gregory from the start

• Love 1

DM has shown a keenness to bring in a lot players for the last six months, not all of whom are going to be playing,  without ever showing that he wants to build up teamwork and give all of them a regular role. He is right about getting a tall,  good in the air centre back but two?
And as with Jules he now seems to be remaking the team front and back. Do we soon get told in February it will take two months for the new players to get to know each others’ play?

19 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

People putting the new kid in as automatic starter before anyone has seen him play 

lol

Base solely on the fact that the player turned down championship clubs to join us I would say DM has pretty much assured him of game time in his preferred position 

Bannan in a midfield 2 never seems to gave worked very well in my opinion. Maybe it will with Luongo's quality.

Moore could have brought in 2 CB's to provide cover in case of injuries and to enable us to rotate players rather than to use as a 3. I doubt it though, I think it will be 3 at the back for the rest of the season.

I can't really see where John Jules fits in. Gregory and Windass look nailed on starters.

Our best lineup at the moment IMO. Can interchange, Storey, John-Jules as required, plus Johnson at LB if we need a left footer. 

I'd much rather have wide players high up the pitch, running the channels and pushing us up the pitch, rather than being in our own half pretending to be wingbacks

lineup.png.6ef3e6c7269ea105b16a1b6b5a6ebd09.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quickly Kevin said:

Will be interesting to see if DM will stick to his 3-5-2.

With his new signings he may do but he seems to have a lot of faith in it.

Why do people think the formation's going to change?

Getting 2 CBs doesn't magically make Gregory able to play alone up front.

46 minutes ago, Mosborough-owl said:

Think it’s a bit harsh just to drop palmer. He’s been one of our better players this season, and I can’t remember him doing anything wrong to warrant getting dropped. 

If Dean signs, Palmer's not one of our strongest three centre backs, so he doesn't start there, plus he's behind Hunt and Mendez-Laing at wingback, so he's probably backup there.

He's a good option to have in the squad, but if everyone's fit, he's on the bench for me.

6 minutes ago, Quickly Kevin said:

Whatever formation we play won't stop you obsessing over Gregory will it?

He was the reason for the change to 352, so I think it's pretty relevant to this discussion.

Why don't you further the discussion and tell me why I'm wrong?

Play the ball, not the man.

Just now, Tewkesbury said:

He was the reason for the change to 352, so I think it's pretty relevant to this discussion.

Why don't you further the discussion and tell me why I'm wrong?

Play the ball, not the man.

Really?

Has DM come out and said he choose a new formation and is sticking with it because of Gregory?

Or are you making it up?

BPF

Palmer, Dean, Hutch

Hunt, Bannan, Luongo, NML

Windass,  Gregory, John -Jules

Guest 123adam789
Just now, Shetland Owl said:

BPF

Palmer, Dean, Hutch

Hunt, Bannan, Luongo, NML

Windass,  Gregory, John -Jules

17 minutes ago, Quickly Kevin said:

Really?

Has DM come out and said he choose a new formation and is sticking with it because of Gregory?

Or are you making it up?

We couldn't score, he was shocking in a 4231. Kept moving Pato closer and closer from the RW to help.

He played Pato with him for the Wigan game, we scored 2.

Went back to 4231, he got taken off v Oxford at half time, again, shocking.

Next game, we're play 352 v Bolton. He scores, we win.

We had a full strength defence at the time. Iorfa, Dunkley, Hutch, Palmer, even Gibson for a few minutes.

So how was it about injuries?