Storey , Dean & TJJ - Where do the fit in a starting eleven

7 minutes ago, Quickly Kevin said:

Gregory was dropped v Rovrum.

He came on after an hour and scored.

Not really dropped.

Actually seemed to be the way to go, tactically. Let Kamberi run them round then bring Gregory on with 20-30 minutes left.

Don't think there's many teams that could deal with that.

I actually think and have written before that he could be the best impact sub in the league.

Nobody is better in our team for the first 10-15 minutes. The issue is that he fades hard after that. If we don't score early on in a half, we're usually screwed.

Bringing him on when he's full of energy v tired teams is the way to go.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

If Dean signs, Palmer's not one of our strongest three centre backs, so he doesn't start there, plus he's behind Hunt and Mendez-Laing at wingback, so he's probably backup there.

He's a good option to have in the squad, but if everyone's fit, he's on the bench for me.

Palmers done more overall for me than M-L. 
he’s been more consistent than hunt too. The problem Is and this probably backs your point up, is that ML can carry the ball well, and hunt has a very good delivery on him, where as palmer is steady at everything. 

1 minute ago, Mosborough-owl said:

Palmers done more overall for me than M-L. 
he’s been more consistent than hunt too. The problem Is and this probably backs your point up, is that ML can carry the ball well, and hunt has a very good delivery on him, where as palmer is steady at everything. 

Overall, yes. But then Mendez-Laing has only made 5 appearances and already has a goal and an assist to his name.

As wing-backs, I'd have him and Hunt ahead of Palmer as my first choice, anyway - they offer more attacking threat and quality.