Where would we be now with Gary as our manager?

13 minutes ago, Quickly Kevin said:

Makes sense considering we needed Dave Jones to get out of League One.

We’ll never know if Megson would’ve done the same? I’m going on the fact he had promotions to the premier league on his cv plus he always seemed to have a plan which let’s be honest we’ve been screaming for ever since.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Rowett was by far the better candidate.

No doubt performances would have dropped off once players stopped being payed, though not to the extent they did under the other Gary, I.e. doubt we would have been conceding 5 every other week.

I also can't imagine Rowett, or anyone, building a worse squad than what was assembled last season.

Might still be a championship club, just, though doubt highly it would have been all rosey 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jim said:

I opened this thread expecting to see the name Megson.  If we had stuck with Megson, we’d have probably had a spell back in the premier league by now.

I would sack Moore today and ask Gary Megson to take over for the rest of the season.   The players would not dare to keep putting in these insipid performances under megson.  At least they would give 100%.

For those who say he's yesterdays man, I say this. He knows more about football than Moore will ever know.  He would lead by example giving it everything to somehow sneak into the playoffs. he would bond the team and fans, and we would be spared the meaningless waffle of "volume" and, what was it, "low blocks" ?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Jim said:

We’ll never know if Megson would’ve done the same? I’m going on the fact he had promotions to the premier league on his cv plus he always seemed to have a plan which let’s be honest we’ve been screaming for ever since.

We got 36 points from the last 42, 4 less and we’d have finished 3rd so unless Megson had got us 33 points from the last 42 we’d have been in the play offs not automatics. The way we were playing it didn’t look like we would do that under him