Theo decided to leave SWFC after Wolves made their recommendations

27 minutes ago, Paul.. said:

He's gone, let's get over it and move on, the 50 threads for ex-players obsession we have is borderline masochistic.

It's a Sheffield Wednesday site for discussing players, managers, coaches etc past and present 

It will always be a Sheffield Wednesday site for discussing players, managers, coaches etc past and present 

It will never ever stop being a Sheffield Wednesday site for discussing players, managers, coaches etc past and present 

We will always discuss players, managers, coaches etc past and present 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's a Sheffield Wednesday site for discussing players, managers, coaches etc past and present 

It will always be a Sheffield Wednesday site for discussing players, managers, coaches etc past and present 

It will never ever stop being a Sheffield Wednesday site for discussing players, managers, coaches etc past and present 

So what youre really saying, in summary,  is that it's a Sheffield Wednesday site for discussing players, managers, coaches etc past and present 

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

you forgot to mention, that it also is a Sheffield Wednesday site for discussing players, managers, coaches etc of the FUTURE or OUR DREAMS

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

So what youre really saying, in summary,  is that it's a Sheffield Wednesday site for discussing players, managers, coaches etc past and present 

Yes

For some bizarre reason some people fail to grasp this simple concept

lol

Owlstalk Shop

16 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Obsessing over one player who's gone undermines the spirit of the rest of the match winners we're left with...

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, morganowl said:

whats worse is i attended sunderland  and shewsbury away and i was pretty disgusted with most fans at the  sunderland humiliation quite a few were singing at 5nil  down i mean wtf ,that pathetic performance proper upset me and a few others and we walked out on 70 mins . at shrewsbury it was almost total silence though the game like everyone just accepts the situation , there will be very very few other clubs supporters what would put up with this dross game after game . there were players clearly not giving even 50% . the manager is done and any owner of a football club would have acted . 

Its been said on here time and time again, but it's true that a large portion of our fanbase have settled for sh!t and the way the club is ran. I guess because since our relegation from the Premiership, the club has had far more negative seasons than positive so really the fans just put up with it as the norm of been a Wednesday fan. Almost like a battered housewife who's just so used to abuse off the controlling husband that eventually they become numb to it all and tolerate it without a peep.

Chansiri must be laughing his head off on a daily basis at the fanbase, he has people who he sees nothing more than customers and mugs who will continually pay top dollar to be served absolute horse muck, invest their hard earned money to disguise his incompetence of running a business. Whether its the garbage on the pitch to the outdated general maintenance of the stadium and its facilities, this man sits back, watches it crumble and his first course of action is blame those pesky customers and demand more money from them. Honestly I can't think of another professional football club who's supporters would let someone like him take their club for a ride. I've seen on matchdays before, when he's lurking around the South Stand or the club shop, grown men nearly falling over themselves to shake hands with him like he's the messiah....embarrassing!

Nothing will change whilst that clown is sinking this ship and that includes Moore, who let's be right shouldn't have even got the job in the first place.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest mrbluesky
51 minutes ago, One De Bilde said:

I'm aware there are wider issues but some things are black and white. If he was playing in his preferred position and getting enough game time, would he have been recalled? I very much doubt it. 

That is the matter in hand here and that's the discussion. 

I disagree.

16 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Chansiri must be laughing his head off on a daily basis at the fanbase, he has people who he sees nothing more than customers and mugs who will continually pay top dollar to be served absolute horse muck, invest their hard earned money to disguise his incompetence of running a business.  

He's got a portion of the fans on his side as his own personal protector squad

Criticism of the chairman is met with those fans trying to tell you that you have an 'agenda' or that you should shut up, and how he's put all his own money in and there's covid and a pandemic and how we had a great day out at wembley.

Some of these people even go to fans forums where they will give him a standing ovation and do that thing where people laugh at unfunny jokes to brown-nose someone. They go to fans forums and if anyone asks a challenging question or even asks why the club is going backwards they will turn around and shout at you to shut up.

The chairman has these people you see... 

These people have told fans to shut up through embargo after embargo

These people have told fans to shut up when relegation happened

These people have told fans to shut up when refunds haven't been delivered (from 2019 I might add - THREE YEARS ago)

These people have told fans to shut up when we couldn't play home games due to issues with the undersoil heating boiler

These people have told fans to shut up when we got hit by restrictions this summer

These people have told fans to shut up when we sold our own stadium!

These people have told fans to shut up when we weren't paying our own players!!!

The chairman has these people kneeling before him, licking his boots, and doffing their caps and telling their fellow fans to shut up if they complain whilst the club gets worse and worse and worse (And worse)

There's more too but my fingers are killing from all the typing but I could go on and on and on giving examples

And look

Just look what's happened over the last five years

These fans are fans of Chansiri over and above wanting the best for Sheffield Wednesday Football Club

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

Owlstalk Shop

5 hours ago, Mosborough-owl said:

From DMs point of view, he has a style and system that he wants to play, and as good as Theo is, he doesn’t fit what he wants, and he doesn’t want to sacrifice his tactics for one player. 

im not agreeing this is the correct thing to do, I’m just seeing it how he probably views the situation. 

Agree with this now, but Moore's style changed to suit our defenders.

The switch to 352 was pragmatic at the time but the summer recruitment was done for a play out from the back 433 which we didnt have the defensive players for. 

Either way Moore doesnt come out with much credit but he had to do what he did.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Criticism of the chairman is met with those fans trying to tell you that you have an 'agenda' or that you should shut up, and how he's put all his own money in and there's covid and a pandemic and how we had a great day out at wembley.

Some of these people even go to fans forums where they will give him a standing ovation and do that thing where people laugh at unfunny jokes to brown-nose someone. They go to fans forums and if anyone asks a challenging question or even asks why the club is going backwards they will turn around and shout at you to shut up.

The chairman has these people

These people have told fans to shut up when refunds haven't been delivered (from 2019 I might add - THREE YEARS ago)

These people have told fans to shut up when we couldn't play home games due to issues with the undersoil heating boiler

These people have told fans to shut up when we got hit by restrictions this summer

These people have told fans to shut up when we weren't paying our own players!!!

The chairman has these people licking his boots, and doffing their caps and telling fans to shut up

There's more too but my fingers are killing from all the typing but I could go on and on and on giving examples

And look

These fans are fans of Chansiri over and above wanting the best for Sheffield Wednesday Football Club

100% agree with this.

And it's this type of behaviour from certain fans that will see the club continually dragging behind other clubs. Chansiri will still convince himself that he is the right man whilst ever the lapdogs continue to jump through hoops for him. That day out at Wembley somehow gave him immunity from criticism.

I thought the “style of play” comment was illuminating. Theo has a lot to learn – particularly in seeing passes sooner, releasing the ball quicker and making smarter runs around the area. I also think he needs to get better at receiving the ball more centrally and not just falling back on drifting out wide to collect it in space and then trying to beat his marker infield. Playing in a front-three and having support both outside and inside of him should improve his game and make him more well-rounded. Wolves and Canada both play with three up front and usually in a 3-4-3 so that should suit him perfectly.

This may have nothing to do with anything, but his best mate growing up is named Stefan Mitrovic. Mitrovic came to Europe after Theo and signed with Radnicki Nis, a club in Serbia I had never heard of. Mitrovic has played more than 40 first-team matches in Serbia and at worst will move to Serbian champions Red Star in January, but he has been linked to some strong first-division clubs in major leagues and could have a big move this window. Corbeanu was better than Mitrovic two years ago. I think he still is, but that’s hard to say. But Mitrovic is playing every week and he’s playing in his natural position. And he's thriving. Everyone wants to play, that’s obvious, but I wonder if seeing Mitrovic’s sudden newfound opportunities really pushed him to make sure he was getting regular first-team football the rest of the season and playing somewhere a role more suited to the player he wants to become.

I’m personally disappointed because I’ve always liked Wednesday and enjoyed the excuse to follow you more closely and watch the odd match (though I was questioning my life choices after Shrewsbury). Good luck the rest of the way. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nero said:

The switch to 352 was pragmatic at the time but the summer recruitment was done for a play out from the back 433 which we didnt have the defensive players for. 

He doesn’t unfortunately.

3 hours ago, Nero said:

352 had nothing to do with the defence, it was entirely down to needing 2 up front whilst keeping the 3 man midfield from the 4231.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

The chairman has these people you see... 

The chairman has these people kneeling before him, licking his boots, and doffing their caps and telling their fellow fans to shut up if they complain whilst the club gets worse and worse and worse (And worse)

And look

What do we do about it then?

9 hours ago, Mosborough-owl said:

From DMs point of view, he has a style and system that he wants to play, and as good as Theo is, he doesn’t fit what he wants, and he doesn’t want to sacrifice his tactics for one player. 

im not agreeing this is the correct thing to do, I’m just seeing it how he probably views the situation. 

Apart from the fact that Moore went out of his way to bring Theo in, and now our so called system is a complete shambles. 

1 hour ago, Robdylan said:

Apart from the fact that Moore went out of his way to bring Theo in, and now our so called system is a complete shambles. 

It suited Theo when he first arrived cus we played a 4-3-3 but then changed to a 3-5-2. I don’t know if this was down to lack of defenders and injuries but once he changed it, it didn’t really suit theo. 

11 hours ago, Concrete Owl said:

Some right miserable bar stewards on here. He wasn’t all that. Wasted crosses, shots from good positions straight down the keepers throat. Looks great when the fancy shimmies & flicks come off but usually ends up on his arris or losing the ball. Not that bothered to be honest. 💙⚽

If you didn’t rate him that’s your opinion. But he was better than anybody else we have in the squad for those positions, and his departure has weakened us and strengthened a promotion rival. 

We’re also still looking a shambles whilst still being out of play off contention with half of the season gone. 

The criticism is more than justified. 

It’s just another example of how badly the club is being run.