Theo decided to leave SWFC after Wolves made their recommendations

11 hours ago, NorthernOwl said:

This is ultimately the crux of the matter. As promising as Theo is he's not good enough to set up a formation just to suit him.

Of course there is a strong argument that we could/ should change formation for other reasons but that's a different discussion.

Yet we’ve now got a formation that doesn’t suit anybody. 

2 hours ago, markg said:

Honestly not bothered that he has gone. I don’t see what most seem to have seen. He had the odd good moments but I wasn’t greatly impressed 

He was our best attacking player, who scored 2 and made 3 from only 7 or 8 starts. 

We are now weaker, whilst a promotion rival have become stronger. 

1 hour ago, Mosborough-owl said:

It suited Theo when he first arrived cus we played a 4-3-3 but then changed to a 3-5-2. I don’t know if this was down to lack of defenders and injuries but once he changed it, it didn’t really suit theo. 

It didn’t suit Theo, but I don’t think that it suits us at all. 

12 hours ago, Mosborough-owl said:

From DMs point of view, he has a style and system that he wants to play, and as good as Theo is, he doesn’t fit what he wants, and he doesn’t want to sacrifice his tactics for one player. 

im not agreeing this is the correct thing to do, I’m just seeing it how he probably views the situation. 

Think this is fair. It's lazy to accuse DM of having "no tactics" but what is true is that at this level of football you're unlikely to find a manager who gets both tactics and recruitment bang on, otherwise they'd probably be higher up the pyramid.

This is where having a proper structure in place at the club is critical, building a management structure of personnel with complementary strengths, but instead we've got DC, the one-man board of directors, asleep at the wheel.

We'll continue to have a crap reputation among clubs higher up as a place to send promising players on loan until we can demonstrate a cohesive approach. I won't hold my breath.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Its been said on here time and time again, but it's true that a large portion of our fanbase have settled for sh!t and the way the club is ran. I guess because since our relegation from the Premiership, the club has had far more negative seasons than positive so really the fans just put up with it as the norm of been a Wednesday fan. Almost like a battered housewife who's just so used to abuse off the controlling husband that eventually they become numb to it all and tolerate it without a peep.

Chansiri must be laughing his head off on a daily basis at the fanbase, he has people who he sees nothing more than customers and mugs who will continually pay top dollar to be served absolute horse muck, invest their hard earned money to disguise his incompetence of running a business. Whether its the garbage on the pitch to the outdated general maintenance of the stadium and its facilities, this man sits back, watches it crumble and his first course of action is blame those pesky customers and demand more money from them. Honestly I can't think of another professional football club who's supporters would let someone like him take their club for a ride. I've seen on matchdays before, when he's lurking around the South Stand or the club shop, grown men nearly falling over themselves to shake hands with him like he's the messiah....embarrassing!

Nothing will change whilst that clown is sinking this ship and that includes Moore, who let's be right shouldn't have even got the job in the first place.

must admit i was 1 of the sad gets who had a pic with kids 5 years ago. makes me squirm now , if i was loaded and owned a club i wouldnt be actively looking for selfies it just shouldnt be done. 

everytime chansiri has sacked a manager in can be upto 6-8 weeks before someone else gets the job , i honestly think he aint even considered sacking moore and if he does its a certainty thompson will have the job till the summer. 

you dont have to be brains of britain that this would be a good time to act , clear out loans want are not wanted bring in fresh players change the system with a new man in place . all whats going to happen is its going to get very toxic ,most supporters are realising that playoffs aint happening and will start to target certain players once they make a mistake or dont put the effort in to win the ball once that happens it just aint going to be a pleasant place to be going to. 

next season it will get harder still as the wages will have to be cut further and i can see crowds dropping off to levels not seen in a very very long time . all this is avoidable with a change in manager and system and a freshen up of the squad. 

21 hours ago, Asio otus said:

Problem is he was on loan. Of course he should have played more in his natural position, but that still wouldn't definitely guarantee he would have been kept here in January. While we  are having to borrow players to make a team, this will continue to happen regularly.

Nonsense it would happen regularly and it vary rarely happens anywhere where a loan player gets recalled 

At the beginning of the loan deal the loaning club would have agreed with us and and the player what the loan player will get out of the deal

ie played position, clubs tactics, players role, playing time     Baring suspensions or injuries the all parties would expect these conditions to be met 

the fact Theo has gone is because we didn’t develop him as well as we should he was under played and out of position 

it doesn’t happen regularly at all for a player to be recalled and loaned back out 

it begs the question why we loaned him what was said to Theo and wolves to get him through the door and why he’s been recalled 

like I said in another post it’s like a child’s making signings of football manager 

there’s no vision or plan we this should be set out and everybody should work together from chairman, scouts, recruitment team, manager and coaches to identify the best players to play in positions to fit the tactics, style of play vision and clubs ethos 

teams like Southampton do this really well when they recruit another manager they are identified to fall in line with the clubs structure and vision and you get continuity 

what do we get……. A shambles from top to bottom with no clear direction 

the way we’ve set up and played Theo should never have been signed it was a complete waste of resource and money 

what was the plan to sign him and why hasn’t it worked?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Nonsense it would happen regularly and it vary rarely happens anywhere where a loan player gets recalled 

At the beginning of the loan deal the loaning club would have agreed with us and and the player what the loan player will get out of the deal

ie played position, clubs tactics, players role, playing time     Baring suspensions or injuries the all parties would expect these conditions to be met 

the fact Theo has gone is because we didn’t develop him as well as we should he was under played and out of position 

it doesn’t happen regularly at all for a player to be recalled and loaned back out 

it begs the question why we loaned him what was said to Theo and wolves to get him through the door and why he’s been recalled 

like I said in another post it’s like a child’s making signings of football manager 

there’s no vision or plan we this should be set out and everybody should work together from chairman, scouts, recruitment team, manager and coaches to identify the best players to play in positions to fit the tactics, style of play vision and clubs ethos 

teams like Southampton do this really well when they recruit another manager they are identified to fall in line with the clubs structure and vision and you get continuity 

what do we get……. A shambles from top to bottom with no clear direction 

the way we’ve set up and played Theo should never have been signed it was a complete waste of resource and money 

what was the plan to sign him and why hasn’t it worked?

You can't get away from the fact they are not our players and yes they do/can get recalled.

DC has put us in the position of having to sign loans and freebies. Its a mess of  the chairman's making and nobody else.

• Like 1

On 07/01/2022 at 09:41, @owlstalk said:

Formations and natural positions are overrated mate

Best to just shove the players on the pitch without all that nonsense and shout at them to do their very best instead

In a way I actually miss the days when it was pretty much the case 

5 hours ago, Asio otus said:

You can't get away from the fact they are not our players and yes they do/can get recalled.

DC has put us in the position of having to sign loans and freebies. Its a mess of  the chairman's making and nobody else.

Yes they can and do get recalled…. How often though?

you’re making it sound like it happens at every club all the time the reality is it rarely happens 

we signed a player didn’t know what to do with him under played him and out of position and he’s been spent else where we’re a shambles that doesn’t happen often 

32 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Yes they can and do get recalled…. How often though?

you’re making it sound like it happens at every club all the time the reality is it rarely happens 

we signed a player didn’t know what to do with him under played him and out of position and he’s been spent else where we’re a shambles that doesn’t happen often 

Anyway when all said and done if we hadn't have negotiated a clause in his loan to allow a recall, we would be continue debating how he should be played as a winger. Great that we operating under embargo, we in the marde.

Guest 123adam789
20 hours ago, markg said:

Honestly not bothered that he has gone. I don’t see what most seem to have seen. He had the odd good moments but I wasn’t greatly impressed 

Do you think that may have had something to do with him not getting regular game time and playing him out position. His parent club ( A Premiership Club) thought so. They obviously knew is potentail and he was never going to come close to that whilst at SWFC.

1 hour ago, 123adam789 said:

Do you think that may have had something to do with him not getting regular game time and playing him out position. His parent club ( A Premiership Club) thought so. They obviously knew is potentail and he was never going to come close to that whilst at SWFC.

Probably didn’t help but I found him greedy and a bit sloppy with his final ball, which I guess it to be expected from a young player. I can definitely see why Moore was reluctant to start him all the time 

31 minutes ago, markg said:

Probably didn’t help but I found him greedy and a bit sloppy with his final ball, which I guess it to be expected from a young player. I can definitely see why Moore was reluctant to start him all the time 

But the problem is, despite him making mistakes, Moore didn’t have anyone better than Theo, and we’re a league 1 team who’s struggled against teams like Lincoln City, Oxford United and Gillingham at home. 

I’ve not looked at the current stats, but for a long period of the season we were one of the lowest scorers in the entire league. And of course, with half of the season gone, we’re still outside the play offs. 

So there’s no justification for Moore not having started him more.. If we had someone better than him and we were doing great, then sure. But that wasn’t the case. You can’t justify his exclusion by saying he was greedy and he made mistakes with his decision making. Not when the alternatives were: Patterson, Hunt, Brown, Johnson, Shodipo and Sow. 

Even though what you’ve said is correct, despite Theo being raw, he still offered more than any of those mentioned above. If Moore didn’t have anyone better, he should have started him in every game, and especially at home. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, trumbullowl said:

He got a lot of the ball against Shrewsbury and their full back seemed to stop him every time. Can't say I'm that disappointed. 

Though when we will play against him I can't see our full back stopping him unfortunately.

What about the other games he started in?

For the majority of the Shrewsbury match, he was played on the left as a left WB on a narrow pitch, where he wasn’t afforded much time and space. He was very ineffective. But then so was everyone else. He did however look a lot better for the last 10-15 mins of the game, when he switched to the right, where he had the opportunity to run at their left back from his preferred position. From there, he put in a few good crosses. 

Before NML was signed, who’s still got a lot to prove, Theo was clearly the best of our wide attacking options. So unless NML comes good or we sign someone of real quality, Theo will be missed. 

• Like 1