Theo decided to leave SWFC after Wolves made their recommendations

What do we really want?

Positive Football or promotion?

Ideally both, but if I were to choose one over the other it'd probably be positive football - at least for the first 3/4 of a season.

I long for Wednesday to be back as 'champions' of positive football again. If we win, we win. If we don't, we've had a good go at it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I really don't know how much longer Moore will get any support from the fans. 
The clubs being killed by chansiri. That's enough for us....but to see the absolute dross being produced week in, week out.

We lose this lad, we lose Bullen. And by the sounds of it chansiri has nullified the work of others at the club.

what the hell is going on again ?  I fear for the worst, and this is the slope downwards we were all fearing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Formations and natural positions are overrated mate

Best to just shove the players on the pitch without all that nonsense and shout at them to do their very best instead

Not sure if it was Clough or one of the other top managers of that era but he said that he'd rather have a good player out of position on the pitch rather than an average one in his own position. He brought in good players and found a formation to let them play. Good players first priority and formation a distant second.

The game has moved on since then so the same doesn't apply now to the same extent.

Moore went to 3 at the back to make us more solid, that means we play wing backs which doesn't suit Corbeanu. Now we don't have 3 CB's who are fit I can't for the life of me understand why we don't go 4 at the back and let more players play in their preferred positions. It's not like we are exactly solid at the back at the moment.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, NorthernOwl said:

This is ultimately the crux of the matter. As promising as Theo is he's not good enough to set up a formation just to suit him.

Of course there is a strong argument that we could/ should change formation for other reasons but that's a different discussion.

What formation? We haven't had a set formation or style all season.

Moore makes  it up as he goes along.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

THEO :  “I'm very excited, This is a new chapter for me and I am looking forward to getting started and kicking on here.

“When I heard that Liam Manning and MK Dons were interested in me, I was excited. I played against the team earlier this season and I knew this is a club that plays a very positive style of football and I think, at this point in time, it is the right next step for me.

“We already have a good side here already, with some really good players who are doing extremely well, and hopefully I can help out. I will look to bring what I'm about, which is a positive style of play, always wanting to play forwards and make things happen by scoring some goals and getting assists.”

Too attack minded for a boring coach like Moore.

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

THEO :  “I'm very excited, This is a new chapter for me and I am looking forward to getting started and kicking on here.

“When I heard that Liam Manning and MK Dons were interested in me, I was excited. I played against the team earlier this season and I knew this is a club that plays a very positive style of football and I think, at this point in time, it is the right next step for me.

“We already have a good side here already, with some really good players who are doing extremely well, and hopefully I can help out. I will look to bring what I'm about, which is a positive style of play, always wanting to play forwards and make things happen by scoring some goals and getting assists.”

That pretty much sums up DM and his approach, yet some people still defend him. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He's got to say something when he joins a new club but he has got a point.

Despite their 'really good players who are doing really well'  they are 2 points in front of us with a game in hand so not exactly that much better than us. Having said that if he is going to get more game time in a position that suits him why wouldn't he go.

• Like 1

at what point does the clown chansiri wake up and know what he is doing?  how on earth can darren moore still be our manager? why do we have to wait until the plymouth game for them to dismantle us again? and little barry bannan will be doing his usual misplaced hollywood balls corners what go nowhere and comically trying to bring the ball out from the back in this awful system what does not suit corbeanu or any of the other 100 wingers we have.  wish the game was 2moro as this clown gets another 8 days and counting in the job. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, prowl said:

that plays a very positive style of football and I think, at this point in time, it is the right next step for me.

positive football whats that? we have been bored out of our brains for 5 bloody years and darren moore is starting to make jos exciting 

• Like 1

Just now, morganowl said:

at what point does the clown chansiri wake up and know what he is doing?  how on earth can darren moore still be our manager? why do we have to wait until the plymouth game for them to dismantle us again? and little barry bannan will be doing his usual misplaced hollywood balls corners what go nowhere and comically trying to bring the ball out from the back in this awful system what does not suit corbeanu or any of the other 100 wingers we have.  wish the game was 2moro as this clown gets another 8 days and counting in the job. 

Great post..spot on.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

I really don't know how much longer Moore will get any support from the fans. 
The clubs being killed by chansiri. That's enough for us....but to see the absolute dross being produced week in, week out.

We lose this lad, we lose Bullen. And by the sounds of it chansiri has nullified the work of others at the club.

what the hell is going on again ?  I fear for the worst, and this is the slope downwards we were all fearing.

whats worse is i attended sunderland  and shewsbury away and i was pretty disgusted with most fans at the  sunderland humiliation quite a few were singing at 5nil  down i mean wtf ,that pathetic performance proper upset me and a few others and we walked out on 70 mins . at shrewsbury it was almost total silence though the game like everyone just accepts the situation , there will be very very few other clubs supporters what would put up with this dross game after game . there were players clearly not giving even 50% . the manager is done and any owner of a football club would have acted . 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, morganowl said:

whats worse is i attended sunderland  and shewsbury away and i was pretty disgusted with most fans at the  sunderland humiliation quite a few were singing at 5nil  down i mean wtf ,that pathetic performance proper upset me and a few others and we walked out on 70 mins . at shrewsbury it was almost total silence though the game like everyone just accepts the situation , there will be very very few other clubs supporters what would put up with this dross game after game . there were players clearly not giving even 50% . the manager is done and any owner of a football club would have acted . 

Quite a few clubs in L1 have already acted this season.

43 minutes ago, prowl said:

Not sure if it was Clough or one of the other top managers of that era but he said that he'd rather have a good player out of position on the pitch rather than an average one in his own position. He brought in good players and found a formation to let them play. Good players first priority and formation a distant second.

The game has moved on since then so the same doesn't apply now to the same extent.

Moore went to 3 at the back to make us more solid, that means we play wing backs which doesn't suit Corbeanu. Now we don't have 3 CB's who are fit I can't for the life of me understand why we don't go 4 at the back and let more players play in their preferred positions. It's not like we are exactly solid at the back at the moment.

Three at the back is DM’s fixed belief, not necessarily to make us more solid at the back. He is keen on his system as we saw from March 1st in the Championship. Windass at left midfield within a couple of games.  

2 hours ago, Vardysowls said:

Surely there is only one person to blame for this disaster and that is Darren Moore he was the one who chose the players in the summer transfer window to take us forward and as much as I want him out of our club Chansiri backed him….. now I want them both out Theo was the only bright spark up front that not only stretched defences he scored and excited us

haha Chasiri backed him.