Theo decided to leave SWFC after Wolves made their recommendations

5 minutes ago, Mosborough-owl said:

From DMs point of view, he has a style and system that he wants to play, and as good as Theo is, he doesn’t fit what he wants, and he doesn’t want to sacrifice his tactics for one player. 

im not agreeing this is the correct thing to do, I’m just seeing it how he probably views the situation. 

This 100%

You’d have thought that DM would have that conversation with Theo / Wolves before bringing him to us though

sometimes things just don’t work out 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Surely there is only one person to blame for this disaster and that is Darren Moore he was the one who chose the players in the summer transfer window to take us forward and as much as I want him out of our club Chansiri backed him….. now I want them both out Theo was the only bright spark up front that not only stretched defences he scored and excited us

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Concrete Owl said:

Some right miserable bar stewards on here. He wasn’t all that. Wasted crosses, shots from good positions straight down the keepers throat. Looks great when the fancy shimmies & flicks come off but usually ends up on his arris or losing the ball. Not that bothered to be honest. 💙⚽

Yeah my last girlfriend broke up with me but she was ugly anyway 😬

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 5

18 minutes ago, Mosborough-owl said:

From DMs point of view, he has a style and system that he wants to play, and as good as Theo is, he doesn’t fit what he wants, and he doesn’t want to sacrifice his tactics for one player. 

im not agreeing this is the correct thing to do, I’m just seeing it how he probably views the situation. 

This is ultimately the crux of the matter. As promising as Theo is he's not good enough to set up a formation just to suit him.

Of course there is a strong argument that we could/ should change formation for other reasons but that's a different discussion.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, NorthernOwl said:

This is ultimately the crux of the matter. As promising as Theo is he's not good enough to set up a formation just to suit him.

Of course there is a strong argument that we could/ should change formation for other reasons but that's a different discussion.

A winning formation would be good

My vote is for that

I vote for a winning formation

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

11 minutes ago, Concrete Owl said:

Some right miserable bar stewards on here. He wasn’t all that. Wasted crosses, shots from good positions straight down the keepers throat. Looks great when the fancy shimmies & flicks come off but usually ends up on his arris or losing the ball. Not that bothered to be honest. 💙⚽

Yeah … Berahino will step into his shoes … no problem 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

A key line from Matt Jackson, who looks after Wolves' loan players, on Theo Corbeanu's recall: "He has now an opportunity to go to MK Dons and get some regular game time until the end of the season, in a formation which is best suited for him."

Says it all really doesn't it and as much as I detest Chansiri, this is one that's not down to him.

When will it end.............

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Silkstone Owl said:

This 100%

You’d have thought that DM would have that conversation with Theo / Wolves before bringing him to us though

sometimes things just don’t work out 

Theo fitted the tactics we had at the start of the season.

We changed them mid season because the lone striker wasn't working.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Mosborough-owl said:

Good point but why the feck sign him in the first place then.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Very strange situation for me. Play 4-3-3 for the first part of the season and he is nowhere to be seen, in a formation that would suit him way more, then we switch to a back 3 with wing backs and he features a lot more in this. The whole transfer has been badly managed by DM, he signed players that would work in a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 with the 5 new central players and god knows how many new wingers, but strangely moved to a formation that required more centre backs when we didn't have any fit ones and wing backs when we didn't have any natural ones apart from Hunt. Shodipo and Theo either side of Gregory would have worked a treat, with a middle 3 supporting from behind. The whole situation hasn't covered Moore in glory one bit

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

Very strange situation for me. Play 4-3-3 for the first part of the season and he is nowhere to be seen, in a formation that would suit him way more, then we switch to a back 3 with wing backs and he features a lot more in this. The whole transfer has been badly managed by DM, he signed players that would work in a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 with the 5 new central players and god knows how many new wingers, but strangely moved to a formation that required more centre backs when we didn't have any fit ones and wing backs when we didn't have any natural ones apart from Hunt. Shodipo and Theo either side of Gregory would have worked a treat, with a middle 3 supporting from behind. The whole situation hasn't covered Moore in glory one bit

It’s a shambles

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

I totally agree mate. I think the issue with our formation, indeed our whole team at the minute is the LHS of defence. We desperately need a Left footed centre half and a proper left full back, in the mold of Irish. No nonsense, focussed on defending. The lack of a DM, either in person or fit enough, exacerbates this. Brown and Johnson should have done better than they have, Gibson has been a non event. Once our defence is solid, we can easily accommodate players like Theo.

Anyway, his statement reads like that of a modern 19 year old. SWFC are asking me to work hard and do things I haven’t done. I just want to be a right winger show pony, as I always have in youth football.  I wish him the all the best. I suspect Windass will drop into his position and have been first choice ahead of him going forward. UTO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, 123adam789 said:

And folk on here think we have bottomed out and the only way is up. Even Charlton Palmer believes we could make automatic. Said it before this club is on its knees and its down to person only he will be the death of this club. Utter utter shambles and again made a laughing stock to the footballing community. 

Well said fella..... Spot on

• Like 1

Hardly a shock to hear this. Be very interesting to compare stats for all our attacking players averaged out per full 90min games played. Wonder what this league table would tell us about contribution & worth?

1 hour ago, Doctor Duran said:

MK Dons have one of the best new coaches around,  forward thinking with new techniques.  I watched a piece on him

a couple of months ago.

They will be up there and around the top 6 come end of the season,  especially signing players like Theo.

I said exactly the same on another thread.

Credit to MK. They looked beyond the normal suspects, 'big' names and journeyman managers and made a brave appointment.

• Like 1