Theo decided to leave SWFC after Wolves made their recommendations

11 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Good point but why the feck sign him in the first place then.

This is the number one question for me. Why did we sign Theo and indeed pretty much any of our hatful of wingers? Presumably because the system we are playing isn’t the one that DM envisioned? Until we played him at wingback Theo had never played that position before at any level of football. I suspect it’s this misalignment between our recruitment and our actual needs explains a lot of our current situation. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

This is the number one question for me. Why did we sign Theo and indeed pretty much any of our hatful of wingers? Presumably because the system we are playing isn’t the one that DM envisioned? Until we played him at wingback Theo had never played that position before at any level of football. I suspect it’s this misalignment between our recruitment and our actual needs explains a lot of our current situation. 

No misalignment at all..........................DM recruited all summer for 4-2-3-1 which he promptly ditched after 6 weeks.......ALL down to Moore this one.

Once we changed to 3-5-2 he should have given Corbeneau free reign in a front two.............that would have made far more sense than f***in wingback.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Screen Door Slams said:

No misalignment at all..........................DM recruited all summer for 4-2-3-1 which he promptly ditched after 6 weeks.......ALL down to Moore this one.

Once we changed to 3-5-2 he should have given Corbeneau free reign in a front two.............that would have made far more sense than f***in wingback.

Yep. Misalignment is probably just me trying to use a fancy word. Fûck up is a better one. DM fûcked up by recruiting exclusively for a system we haven’t played after the first few games. 

Also agree on the Theo in the front two point. Every game where we brought on Berahino I was saying ‘why not try Theo up there?’  Can’t have been les effective that Berahino that’s for sure…

• Like 4

Just now, CircleSeven said:

Yep. Misalignment is probably just me trying to use a fancy word. Fûck up is a better one. DM fûcked up by recruiting exclusively for a system we haven’t played after the first few games. 

Also agree on the Theo in the front two point. Every game where we brought on Berahino I was saying ‘why not try Theo up there?’  Can’t have been les effective that Berahino that’s for sure…

Absolutely pal.........................Theo is still raw but clearly offered more threat in a front two than Berahino or Kamberi IMHO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The great shame about this is that he seemed to be the most exciting “bums off seats” player that Wednesday had. I remember seeing him interviewed after the game he scored in at home (was it Sunderland?) and he was absolutely buzzing…did the manager capitalise on that enthusiasm and passion? Did he f***.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, Hoofit said:

Hardly a shock to hear this. Be very interesting to compare stats for all our attacking players averaged out per full 90min games played. Wonder what this league table would tell us about contribution & worth?

The issue is with this is that most have been played spiradically and out of position all season.

Very few have had a run of games in their most effective position.

• Thanks 1

Be quite interesting to here the managers and chairman’s view point on this?

how do they feel to have a club and  player want to cancel their contract to go and play for another league one club? Discuss, it’s embarrassing what we dig clearing the way for Sow 

• Like 3

By no means the finished article but teams wouldn’t have like playing against his direct style, with some doubling up.  Even having him on the pitch creates opportunity for other players to get into the game and exploit space. 

can you imagine him running at Johnson or exploiting our lack of pace at the back

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

THEO :  “I'm very excited, This is a new chapter for me and I am looking forward to getting started and kicking on here.

“When I heard that Liam Manning and MK Dons were interested in me, I was excited. I played against the team earlier this season and I knew this is a club that plays a very positive style of football and I think, at this point in time, it is the right next step for me.

“We already have a good side here already, with some really good players who are doing extremely well, and hopefully I can help out. I will look to bring what I'm about, which is a positive style of play, always wanting to play forwards and make things happen by scoring some goals and getting assists.”

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

THEO :  “I'm very excited, This is a new chapter for me and I am looking forward to getting started and kicking on here.

“When I heard that Liam Manning and MK Dons were interested in me, I was excited. I played against the team earlier this season and I knew this is a club that plays a very positive style of football and I think, at this point in time, it is the right next step for me.

“We already have a good side here already, with some really good players who are doing extremely well, and hopefully I can help out. I will look to bring what I'm about, which is a positive style of play, always wanting to play forwards and make things happen by scoring some goals and getting assists.”

What a depressing read that is

10 minutes ago, Quickly Kevin said:

What a depressing read that is

Worst bit is the MK Dons side saying they liked the look of him when he played against them for us and made a quick move when they knew he was available.

It was Celtic nicking players from under our noses last January, now it’s MK Dons…

Edited by NeonLeon
  • Like 2