Dressing room

21 minutes ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

I still get twitchy with some passes across the back too and no we never looked like scoring a couple of scrambles in 6 yard box that was it.Keep saying it we have not got enough quality up top to get us promoted.Thought Gregory and Kamberi were poor. Berihino did nothing either...IMO

UTO

Most of the midfield and forward line were first team starters.  Kamberi had about 6 touches in the whole game.  Looks like were pinning a successful season on Windass then.

10 hours ago, torryowl said:

the lad did what we pay him to do and kept a clean sheet and helped  get us the point the team deserved .......what your saying is like if hirst didnt get them 4 goals against hull we'd have only drawn 1-1......

No thats what your saying,i didnt say that at all  GK is the last line of defence,as it turns out last night he played a blinder & got us a point,good for him as we were incapable of scoring again up front,or even in my view after watching the match,putting in a half way decent corner.

BB put in some decent looking balls at times if predictable,but embarrassing to see the keeper easily catch several with little threat or pressure on him from our players.

I didnt enjoy the game TBH,one of the few i have seen this season,& ime glad i stuck to my guns and didnt go for the half season ticket.

Looked better (ish) when we stopped playing it out as much,and like any team down to 10 men,salvaging a point was something.

12 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Yea, great defensive performance.

But did we look like we could actually win that game before the sending off?  And that playing out from the back still looks terrible.

Totally agree,so why do we insist on playing it out than?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HootHoot said:

We've beaten one of them and should've beaten the other last week. 

I wouldn't worry about what they're doing. We obviously have what it takes to be up there.

Have a look at the League table...we are 8th,outside the play off places, MKDs 1 place above us,on the same points,have 2 games in hand,which if they win will widen the gap by 6 points...3 of the 4  in play off places have a game in hand,and Wigan have 2 games in hand...

Each time we draw  widens the gap & being 'unbeaten' means little if the sides above us Win,whilst we draw.

To progress we simply must win our games

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, parajack said:

Have a look at the League table...we are 8th,outside the play off places, MKDs 1 place above us,on the same points,have 2 games in hand,which if they win will widen the gap by 6 points...3 of the 4  in play off places have a game in hand,and Wigan have 2 games in hand...

Each time we draw  widens the gap & being 'unbeaten' means little if the sides above us Win,whilst we draw.

Thank you

This 100 %

• Like 2

13 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

I don't think that he's lost it pal - I just don't think he's the right man to take us forward. I would love him to prove me wrong.

Out of interest how does he prove you wrong? 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Out of interest how does he prove you wrong? 

Stop playing it out,continue to play attacking football,and injury's aside pick the same team and allow them to 'gell'...and stop picking a team/tactic  to suit an opponents 'strengths'....

And whilst we are at it,lets focus on the fact its Division THREE, for reasons well debated an inferior Division(or it would be Division 2 or 1 by implication,ie Championship or PL) full of very average to poor sides...(thats why they are in this Division,cos they cant get out.........also why the two teams relegated with us,have sat top of the Division,Wigan aside underpins this)

We again for reasons well debated remain a squad full of Championship or PL players,wages to suit) we play in a ground though aging superior to most,and our support is second to none.

Our wages bill is likely one of the highest in the Division,& whilst sitting 8th outside the play offs at this stage seems like an achievement apparently to some,to me its a massive underachievement.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

14 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Our unbeaten run is now the longest for a long time  

It is, not diminishing the resilience we have gained, but often think about unbeaten runs in the same way as possession stats. Remember how we all mocked Huddesfield's 200 game unbeaten run (or so it seemed at the time!)

IMO unbeaten runs are vanity, league position sanity. I'd gladly have taken a couple of defeats in return for a couple more wins, rather than draws. We'd then be 2 points better off and in the play offs. It's great not to get beaten, but even better when we go on a winning run. Hopefully that run starts on Saturday as the next three are very winnable and need to put some points on the board.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Yep.

Some posters reveal their bias by completely ignoring the context in which Moore's operating at times.

Losing their sh*t about playing Paterson at the back, as if he was awash with options, or going apesh*t over bringing Wing on after Luongo's red card, when the only other available central midfielder was Byers...

It's bloody mind-numbing to read, isn't it?

The problem is, this bias, is borne from Moore's early season tactics and player choices, he's kind of made a rod for his own back.

Not only that, we're struggling with injuries, again, Moore comes out says we're going to have a full investigation, which is worrying, as he should know what's going on and why, that's literally his job.

Both of the above have created uncertainty within the fanbase, so we can't praise him for putting out a team of misfits through the many injuries, when it really wasn't too different when he had the players at his disposal to play a balanced team.

The only way proves these biased fans wrong now, is by picking a coherent team, when the players are available and so far, i'm not convinced that it will happen. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 0742 said:

The problem is, this bias, is borne from Moore's early season tactics and player choices, he's kind of made a rod for his own back.

Not only that, we're struggling with injuries, again, Moore comes out says we're going to have a full investigation, which is worrying, as he should know what's going on and why, that's literally his job.

Both of the above have created uncertainty within the fanbase, so we can't praise him for putting out a team of misfits through the many injuries, when it really wasn't too different when he had the players at his disposal to play a balanced team.

The only way proves these biased fans wrong now, is by picking a coherent team, when the players are available and so far, i'm not convinced that it will happen. 

Just judge each case on its own merits and then there's no need for bias, is there?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, parajack said:

Yep agree. Barring a miracle we’ve lost contact with the top two, and we are ever so gradually losing contact with the top 6.  But, there is hope - despite playing some real cr@p this season, we are still in touch and we all know we can do better and if we had a run of games with our best players available then we could make up some ground. I think the next 3 games will give an indication as to how things will pan out - Crewe, Accrington and Burton. All winnable and in my opinion should win, if we are to be serious contenders this season. Said it before the Portsmouth match need 10 points from the 4 games, well, we’ve got 1. Over to you Mr Moore.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, 0742 said:

DM said Windass, Brennan and Dunkley were all a bit 'sore' after training so were left behind.

The players don't seem to pick injuries up during games but in training. Maybe they're overdoing it and need less 'volume' in training.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, parajack said:

I get the sentiment of others saying we’re on a long unbeaten run etc, and that’s positive in its own right 

But I really can’t disagree with this post

we’ve thrown away points this season against some very poor teams, even before the defensive crisis hit 

Wycombe, Rotherham etc are beating these sides with ease 

• Love 1

14 minutes ago, doubleo said:

Yep agree. Barring a miracle we’ve lost contact with the top two, and we are ever so gradually losing contact with the top 6.  But, there is hope - despite playing some real cr@p this season, we are still in touch and we all know we can do better and if we had a run of games with our best players available then we could make up some ground. I think the next 3 games will give an indication as to how things will pan out - Crewe, Accrington and Burton. All winnable and in my opinion should win, if we are to be serious contenders this season. Said it before the Portsmouth match need 10 points from the 4 games, well, we’ve got 1. Over to you Mr Moore.

Nothing less than 9 points is good enough,and even that depends on others dropping points whilst we pick them up.Our rivals have to play these 'easier' teams too,and if they hammer them every draw we get despite the 'unbeaten in' fans...,amongst our fan base....just push's us further away....

Thats the reality of not winning games to us.....

• Thanks 1

Guest DoesJackHunt
16 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

Is he? Is he really? We are putting round pegs in square holes continually. IF he actually puts the players in their proper positions I might have a bit more confidence in him

This round peg in square hole stuff does my head in. He's got players with certain attributes and he's building them into a cohesive unit in the style he wants. Also, he has no fit central defenders so has had to be "creative" in that position, he hasn't had a choice. Despite this we have gone an a very long unbeaten run. 

I'm not against 4 4 2 but it's not what Darren Moore wants to play and I don't think just reverting to that, so that we can play young, developing players in the position they came to us as being labelled as is worth doing. Especially given this long unbeaten run we are on. 

As we get the injured players back we should turn some of these draws into wins. I 've seen nothing to suggest that wont happen over the last 11 games, have you ?

Guest DoesJackHunt
10 minutes ago, parajack said:

Nothing less than 9 points is good enough,and even that depends on others dropping points whilst we pick them up.Our rivals have to play these 'easier' teams too,and if they hammer them every draw we get despite the 'unbeaten in' fans...,amongst our fan base....just push's us further away....

nothing less than 9 points from the next 3 is ever enough for you. 

6 minutes ago, parajack said:

Cant understand why more fans dont see it like this..we are losin ground every week..despite our uddersfield type unbeatun run that everybody is gettin giddy about

4 hours ago, parajack said:

Mate, games in hand don't mean anything if you don't win them. Plymouth play MK Don's tonight. One of them will drop points and then we've closed the gap on one of them.

Those games in hand will inevitably involve teams above us playing each other. All we have to do is keep doing our job on the pitch (yes that includes wins) and we'll be in the top 6 come end of the season.

We're playing much better now and when we get the injured players back, we'll be a force to be reckoned with. 

Try having some positivity once in a while eh? It doesn't hurt.