Ciaran Brennan

2 hours ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Hopefully the penny is dropping that a move to Celtic can be counter productive in career terms.

Someone needs to have a chat with him and convince him that he can prosper with us.

How exactly has the move to Celtic been counter productive for the 2 lads who moved there. They will get paid a huge sum of money and be guaranteed another contract elsewhere at the very minimum.

absolute ballax imo .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ANDY said:

Growing in confidence every game. 

get his signature before Celtic come sniffing 

Just need to go back to the 89/90 away kit. He'll think he's at Celtic anyway!

On a serious note very impressed with him, worth a contract now just to tie him down.

2 hours ago, Sham67 said:

I got to say I was concerned that our defensive injury crisis was going to cost us.  He looked very composed today, reminds me of Ian Knight.

I'm obviously quite a bit younger than you  as I was still not at "big school" back then - but Ian Knight was being spoke about with England future in mind before he was done for.

I'd love your insight the reminds you of Knight.    I will confess at that point I wasn't going to matches so I never saw him play in the flesh.   I do have a signature, which I was upset at because my mum worked at the Hallamshire and got it when he was there and I thought it was a bit wrong to ask him for one at the time.

Still never been able to get rid of it mind.

21 minutes ago, sage owl said:

How exactly has the move to Celtic been counter productive for the 2 lads who moved there. They will get paid a huge sum of money and be guaranteed another contract elsewhere at the very minimum.

absolute ballax imo .

But I 5hought they went there for ‘footballing reasons’...champions league..playing in front of 60,000 etc etc lol....I said at the time they would end up playing in front of 200 at east fife or Montrose or summat...imo neither would get in our squad

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The coach said:

But I 5hought they went there for ‘footballing reasons’...champions league..playing in front of 60,000 etc etc lol....I said at the time they would end up playing in front of 200 at east fife or Montrose or summat...imo neither would get in our squad

Both would get in our squad no problem.

But now they don’t need to.

I’m told your running a coach to Sunderland any room for a couple of old uns ?.

9 minutes ago, sage owl said:

Both would get in our squad no problem.

But now they don’t need to.

I’m told your running a coach to Sunderland any room for a couple of old uns ?.

Yes indeedy no ageism on my coach...back on topic..who would you drop for shaw? I stick by my original comments on the matter...gettin 300k for shaw was good business

Just now, The coach said:

Yes indeedy no ageism on my coach...back on topic..who would you drop for shaw? I stick by my original comments on the matter...gettin 300k for shaw was good business

I’d have had shaw in front of  Patterson at the back.

13 hours ago, Morepork said:

Absolutely outstanding today. Looks very, very comfortable in this league. If he can maintain this level of performance and improve, he will be very difficult to shift.

Reads the game well, looks confident and good on the ball, will only get better 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Django said:

Let’s not be too hasty dishing long term contracts out. No one was talking about him 4 genes ago

:Chansiri:

We don’t do middle ground do we. We’ll either offer him a deal tomorrow or let him go for free……….. 😂