Ciaran Brennan

15 hours ago, sage owl said:

How exactly has the move to Celtic been counter productive for the 2 lads who moved there. They will get paid a huge sum of money and be guaranteed another contract elsewhere at the very minimum.

absolute ballax imo .

My comment was about career development, not how much they were earning.

How many minutes of first team football have either of them played since they went to Celtic? I'm sure they'll get new contracts - somewhere - but if they're not getting actual match time then they're not going to be gaining experience or turning any heads. Which means that they may both need to lower their sights if they want first team football.

At the end of the day, I can fully understand why they were attracted to Celtic and I don't blame them for going. But their development might have been better served by staying with us where they were almost certainly going to be regular starters and could - as the saying goes - put themselves in the shop window. Instead, they seem to have dropped off the radar. I could be wrong of course, maybe Celtic see them as long term prospects. But if not, they may find themselves back at a lower level, like Sean Clare.

• Like 1

Guest Tactical Bacon

He looks far more assured that Palmer with the ball - was such a relief yesterday not to be having my head in my hands because palmer can't pass the ball to our own players

On 28/11/2021 at 12:22, Tactical Bacon said:

He looks far more assured that Palmer with the ball - was such a relief yesterday not to be having my head in my hands because palmer can't pass the ball to our own players

Take it you didn’t watch the Accrington Stanley game ?

• Like 1

On 28/11/2021 at 12:22, Tactical Bacon said:

I sometimes wonder if people are watching the same game as me? It's been one of the better parts of Palmers game this season. 

Criticism for the sake of it. He's been one of our better performers thus far.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, swfcGibbo said:

I sometimes wonder if people are watching the same game as me? It's been one of the better parts of Palmers game this season. 

Criticism for the sake of it. He's been one of our better performers thus far.

It’s just easy and “trendy” to slag off Palmer isn’t it?  He’s arguably our most consistent player this season but instead of acknowledging this and praising Palmer, the haters just come out with 5h1t like “he’s found his level”. I swear that some of our fans just see football as  20 men chasing a ball around and two that can pick the ball up.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1